Chapter Eight

Being in Connecticut was nice, I always enjoy spending time with Bash, but something about his mood shifted back and forth those few days.

"Katherine, do you mind helping me with the table?" My mother asks. I was dazing out again.

I put the dishes and silverware on their small table only big enough for four. I'm an only child and they were never big on company.

"Jim, come and eat darling," Mom shouts as we take our seats. She cooked chicken Parmesan, my favorite.

My father walks in from the Tv room, he's got his Giants jersey on like usual. "Smells good," he says sitting beside me. "How's work Katherine?" He asks as I help myself to a big serving of Greek salad.

"It's good, the students are less annoying this year," I say nonchalantly.

"Oh, honey! What happen with that guy you eat?" My mother asked excitedly. She's hoping for a grand child soon. Jokes on you mom, jokes on you.

"It's going ok." I look at my father who's salt and pepper eye brow is raised high into his hairline. "No, I am not bringing him over for family dinner."

I do make an avid effort to spend time with them, but it doesn't mean my boyfriends have to.

"If he's a gentleman he would come have dinner with us."

"No Dad," I sigh frustrated. "He is a gentleman, but it's a new age you guys and men don't just meet parents without a reason."

If circumstances were different would he come see my parents? I've no idea.

"Don't get your cat underwear in a bunch," my mother says annoyed. "Who knows maybe he's a craigslist killer for all we know."

"He is, actually I put an add mom looking for that exactly," I answer sarcastically. My father lets out a chuckle and it earns him a scowl from mom.

"Come on Diane, it was funny."

My father loves me, but did he ever really spend time with me? No. It was mom who did most of the emotional stuff. My fathers always been a very 'manly man' you can say.

---

"Was dinner really that bad?" Eric asks through the phone. I'm making my way into class.

"No, yesterday wasn't terrible. They just talk to me like I'm sixteen."

I can hear Eric shrug. "They're your parents. I'd like to meet this amazing man too."
Well that's not really an options right now.

"Maybe soon. I'm walking into school, bye."

I slip my phone into my bag because the other teachers are staring. I decided to take some time in the teachers lounge today, draw less attention to myself.

I make my cup of coffee and take my usual spot on the sofa.

"I hear he's quite the womanizer," Gym Class teacher says.

"I've heard some of the kids talking, he's already broken a few hearts," Mr. Keller adds.

Are they talking about Bash? I lean over, interested. "What are you all gossiping about?"

"The new student, Wilde. He's been taking all the young hearts by storm." Mr. Keller explains, his toupee flops with excitement. "He's got quite the back story Katherine."

"You have him in your class, don't you?" The very nosy Mrs. Monroe asks.

"I do," I shrug. "He's quiet, scores well; doesn't seem like any trouble."