Chapter Seven

The Thomaston Opera House is amazing, it looks historical and from what Bash explained, it is. I've never been to Connecticut, I wasn't aware it had so much to offer.

Sometimes I forget- a lot do the time I forget how young he is. He holds himself so well, so refined. I felt happy being on his arm as we made our way to the balcony, a couple joined us, a much older couple.

"The lights dimmed and a man came on stage talking in what sounded like gibberish. I tried to keep up, another man followed quickly and they were fighting.

"Siegmund needed shelter from the storm, but he ended up at his enemies house," Bash whispered noticing the confusion on my face. "Sieglinde," he points to the woman on the stage who is singing, "is his enemies wife, his miserable wife."

"He's telling her that he's cursed with misfortune, but she explains that their home is also a place where misfortune dwells." The older couple seems annoyed by Bash's commentary but I just ignore them.

"Siegmund's mother was killed, he's explaining and his sister abducted. Hunding is his enemie so he offers him a nights rest before a dual in the morning." I lean my head on his shoulder and listen to him whisper the commentary into my ear.

He wraps an arm around me and we just settle into one another. The woman enters and she sounds worried, some talking, a sword appears from a tree- they're giving each the sex eyes and I'm pretty sure they're about to make out.

"So she's just explained to him that she's his sister who's been abducted, she also drugged her husband to help him," and as he explains their connection, the sibling share a very passionate kiss and the lights go out.

"Intermission," the old woman says beside us happily.

The older man helped her stand they walked back to the staircase. I was about to stand up when Bash held me back, "Stay." He kisses me hard, pulling me close to him. My mind immediately goes X-Rated and I start fussing with his belt. He chuckles, "As much as I'd love to get put in jail for indecent exposure- intermission isn't enough time for me to have my way with you."

I make a pout and sit back in my chair. "So, the siblings do it?" I ask to clarify. It's actually pretty interesting.

"Yes, well," he gives me a thoughtful look. "They fall in love before they know they're related. It's kinds of poetic really."

"I've never been to an opera before- or Connecticut," I say snuggling my head into his neck. This was nice, very romantic.

"My mum use to bring me to the theater all the time, London is very well known for this." He says and I can hear the sadness in his tone.

I pull away to look at him, "You must miss her."
They haven't been home since they moved here, I'm sure he's lonely in the mansion.

"I really do," he says with a nod.

"But she'll be back soon," I shrug. I mean it's not something to cry about. Bash looks at me confused, but then clarity washes over him.

"My mum died when I was eleven, that's my step mother Karen who's with my father." He takes my hand.

"She's much younger than him, that's why he's always traveling, she gets bored so easily." I can hear the dislike for her in his voice.