Winter is coming. (The end)

Sometimes people come into your life to change you, to help you grow or to love you forever. I thought that an eight teen year old boy came into my life as my soul mate.

"You alright, Kat?" Eric asks adjusting the pillows behind me.

"Eric you don't have to stay here," I say again. I've been telling him to go home all day.

When Sebastian got me to the hospital the baby was already gone. The doctor told me there was nothing I could do and it happens all the time.

"Nonsense, I'm not leaving you like this." He sits at the foot of my bed and looks at me like a wounded bird. "It's going to be okay."

I called Eric to pick me up from the hospital and in turn explained everything to him, even my affair with my student.

The memories from yesterday seem to keep flooding in.
----
"I'm sorry miss Rose, but you've had a miscarriage." The handsome dark doctor tells me as I lay in the emergency room bed. "You weren't very far along, so there's no need for surgery. Just go home and take it easy for a few days."

Bash looks at the doctor with grief. "Could this have happened from sex?"

"Unlikely. The embryo may just have not been healthy enough. It's no ones fault here." The doctor gives him a pat on the back before walking out.

Sebastian looks at me and I can see he blames himself. I don't, I should have knew something was wrong from the pain in my stomach.

"I'm so sorry Katherine."

I shake my head. "It's not your fault."

He doesn't seem to believe me. "It is."

I'm not upset with him about the baby. I can't blame him. But the grief of loosing someone I didn't get to meet is a horrible and unexplainable pain my chest right now.

I feel dirty, empty and ashamed of myself. Everything about being me feel disgusting right now. "I can't do this anymore, Bash."

His blue eyes sadden even more. "Please, Katherine, I love you."

"I can't," I say in between sobs. "Maybe this was for the best, we shouldn't be together."

"For the best?" He scoffs. "You loosing my child is for the best?" He grabs his coat off my hospital bed and storms out.

--

"Has that jerk called you?" Eric asks as he prepares dinner for us. Grilled cheese is the most my rich friend can make by himself.

"No." A part of me is relieved, but the other part is saddened by how little he cared about my own well being.

"You should just quit Worthington, I always hated that school," he says before placing a warm grilled cheese in front of me.

"And do what, live in a van down by the river?"

He chuckles. "You know you could stay with me till you find another job. I just don't think you should go back there."

He's right, I know he's right. "I might just do that."

---