1 Harry James Potter is off to Hogwarts

September 1st

September 1st. Possibly the busiest day on a British wizards calander. The day all the children go off to Hogwarts for another year of mischief making, and on the occasion learning. This year, it was the year of 1991 and who would be starting to attend Hogwarts, none other than Harry James Potter. The son of James Potter, quite possibly the biggest mischief maker Hogwarts had ever seen.

----------------------------------------------

Harry woke up not so early on September 1st. He awoke to the most annoying sound that one could ever imagine, the sound of an owl scraping it's beak on it's cage, begging to be let out. Harry groaned loudly, and rolled over to peer at the time on his gold plated alarm clock. It was 9 o'clock, he had slept in and only had an hour to get ready before he would have to leave for Platform 9 and 3/4.

Harry lept out of bed, got dress, then clambered down the stairs to meet his Mother and Father for breakfast. As he entered the kitchen he was surprised to see only his Mother awake.

"Morning Harry, are you ready for your big day?" Lily, Harry's Mum said.

Harry nodded tiredly then sat down at the kitchen bench, waiting for breakfast to be cooked. Seconds later his father, James Potter walked in a little too cheerfully.

"You ready son!" James grinned. Harry nodded and returned the grin. "You ready for the big pranks I taught you? And the girls. How could I forget the girls."

"Yes Dad," Harry said, shaking his head and chuckling. "Of course I'm ready, I have been taught by THE BEST afterall."

"That's My Boy! Go show them what Potters are made of, we aren't just ordinary people who make pots. We are the kings of Pranks." James walked over to his son and raised both their hands. "To the Kings of Pranks!"

"To the Kings of Pranks." Harry repeated. "And girls"

"James." Lily shrieked. "Stop teaching our Son, your nasty habits. What will the teachers think of him."

"They will think of him as the one and only son of yours truly." James pointed to himself. "The teachers loved me, so they'll love him."

Lily shook her head, she couldn't believe she had married that idiot and had a kid with him. She had to admit though, it certainly made life interesting.

"Harry eat breakfast, we have to leave in an hour because we can't apparate with you and your trunk, we'll need to take the car." Lily nodded to the plate of egg and bacon she had now placed on the table for him.

"Where's my breakfast Lils." James complained looking around in hope it just wasn't ready yet.

"You can have it after we drop off Harry," Lily said sternly, "Right now, you need to make sure the car is working since we haven't used it in so long and pack Harry's things into it." "You are packed right Harry?"

"Yess Mum, I am." Harry droned

"Good, now James chop chop or we'll be late." James raced out of the kitchen and Harry scoffed down his breakfast. He couldn't wait to get on the Hogwarts express, and even more to Hogwarts. He had heard so much from his parents and knew that the next couple of years would be the best of his life.

Once he was finished breakfast, Harry quickly ran upstairs to make sure he had absolutely everything. When he came back down he was suprised to hear a voice that was neither his Mother's or Father's. Harry raced into the living room, to find Sirius his favourite Godfather, well only Godfather.

"Padfoot!" Harry yelled and ran to him and engulfed him in a hug.

"Prongslet!" Sirius yelled back with as much enthusiasm. "Didn't think you could leave without seeing me, did you Harry."

"Of course not Sirius, but Dad said you were off doing an Auror job."

"Na, I got off early to come and see you." Sirius said leading Harry to sit down on the couch. "Anyway, Harry I got you a gift before you go off to Hogwarts. Now if you are like your Dad, which you are you will find this very useful."

Sirius gave Harry a small package. Harry ripped it open and out fell a small bottle. Harry read the label.

"Wonder Witch Love Potion." He then realised when he looked up at his Mum that he probably shouldn't have read it aloud.

Lily had looks to kill. "Sirius Orion Black, how dare you give my son a Love Potion." Lily screamed. Sirius leaped off the couch and bounded out the door into the front yard where James was slowly but surely checking over the car.

"Prongs, I think your wife is going to kill me."

"Why?" James questioned.

"I may have given Harry a love potion and let's just say, she was not happy."

"What's wrong with a love potion? It'll just give him better luck with the ladies then I had."

"I'll tell you what's wrong with a love potion, Potter. He's an 11 year old boy." Lily shrieked from the front door, Harry behind her with his ears covered. She then turned back in to the house and dragged Harry with her.

"Now Harry, give me the potion. As long as you're not as stupid as your father, you will have no problem with getting at least one girl on a date." Harry nodded, to scared of his mother to say anything more. "Now get everything and head out the front, we have to leave in a minute."