Chapter 11: A Christmas of Sorts

It had been three months since Ginny had received the first howler from Harry and nothing much had changed. Ron and Harry were still persistent in their pranks, Ginny was constantly getting annoyed at Harry while Harry was constantly trying to declare his undenying love for her. Harry didn't stop sending Howlers to Ginny either, she had received one every second day for 6 weeks. That was until McGonagall banned howlers being sent to another student.

This didn't stop Harry though, every night he would write a new letter and the next morning it would be delivered to Ginny. It may not have been as effective as the Howlers but he was getting the message across. Well the message across to everyone BUT Ginny.

It was now December 20th, the last day of the term before Christmas break. The castle was bustling with students running in all directions, getting ready to go home for the holidays.

Whilst the majority of the students were going home for the holidays, there was still a select few who were staying at the school. These included the Weasley's, Harry and Hermione, amongst others. As much as Harry wanted to go home, Ginny was staying and he didn't think he could bare two weeks without seeing her, even if it meant he wouldn't be able to see his Mum, Dad and Sirius for another term.

The holidays started off with a bang. The Weasley's, Harry and Hermione had decorated the Gryffindor common room with all christmas decorations and had spent four days playing Wizards chess, exploding snap and just having fun not doing schoolwork. Even Ginny was enjoying herself, even if Harry was still constantly annoying her.

The day before Christmas, Christmas eve. All the students staying at the school were allowed to take a trip to Hogsmeade for the day. The Weasley's, Harry and Hermione woke up early and walked to Hogsmeade with Minnie as they were the only Gryffindor's staying. When they arrived they split up and decided to meet at the Three Broomsticks for lunch. Hermione, Ron and Harry went into Honeyjukes, whilst Fred, George, Percy and Ginny went into Zonko's.

Harry, being Harry was certain he was going to buy Ginny something beautiful for Christmas. The trio decided to go into a jewellery shop so that Harry could buy the gift.

Harry spent almost 20 minutes pondering what he wanted to get her. In the end he walked out of the shop with the most expensive thing possible. It was a silver charm bracelet and Harry had got engraved the words, 'Beautiful, Fiery, Redhead'. He also wanted to show Ginny his wealth and that he could support her when she could not.

At exactly 12 o' clock they all met up at the Three Broomsticks. Hermione secured a table while Harry and Ron ordered lunch for everyone. When they went to sit back down, Harry took this as his chance and sat next to Ginny.

"Hello beautiful, are you having a good day?" Harry asked with a grin on his face.

"Yes, I was Potter and it was most delightful until you decided to come and ruin it with your Arrogant ways. Have I told you that before? That you are a Lazy, Arrogant, Toe-rag!"

Ginny was fuming now, she had a fiery temper and the thing that got to her most was Harry calling her Beautiful, Love amongst others names which she hated. She was not one to call girly names. Before Harry could say anything more Ginny stomped out, Hermione followed closely behind her to go and comfort her.

15 minutes later Ginny came back and Harry didn't dare say a word, as much as he liked her so much more when she was angry, he was pretty sure that he would get hexed if he said anything more. The 7 ate their lunch then went with Minnie back up to the castle. It was quite late as they had taken alot of time to chat over lunch.

They went straight to bed after a quick game of exploding snap and a feast of sweets. Everyone was excited for the day ahead. Especially Harry, he couldn't wait to see Ginny's face when she opened his present.