Chapter 28: A Night to Remember

Watch the above to get into the vibe! HSM3

The day had finally arrived, it was the day of the 7th Years Masquerade Ball. The tent that we had set up next to the Black Lake looked spectacular. Pretty fairy lights were placed everywhere with bright and colourful strings of jewels hanging down from poles around the tent. It was magical and a perfect end to our final exams. Although it was sad, this would also be a night to remember.

The ball was to start at 7 o'clock. Hermione and I had made an agreement with Harry and Ron that we wouldn't see the for the entire day. We were to meet them at the ball, donned in our gowns (sadly) and masks. As I had little to no fashion sense what so ever, Hermione had agreed to style me, we had gone dress shopping the previous weekend and I had to say I actually liked the dress I got.

Hermione and I had a relaxing morning, without the boys. Who knew it could be so peaceful. Then at 4 o'clock we headed to Hermione's dorm to get ready. I honestly didn't understand why we needed three hours though. Anyway we went up and layed out our gowns and accessories. Well Hermione's accessories, I'd convinced Hermione that I didn't need any and that a dress was enough dressing up for me.

I looked in awe at my dress, I couldn't wait to see Harry's expression when he saw me in it. I hadn't shown him yet. The dress was perfect for me, It had built in shorts under the fabric. It was a long emerald green gown with a large cutout back. Together with that Hermione and I found some 'not so high" high heels, then she charmed them so that they felt like sneakers. If she didn't I would most likely fall flat on my face.

Hermione's dress on the other hand was completely different, well in colour at least

Hermione's dress on the other hand was completely different, well in colour at least. Her's was a sweet burgendy colour with a lacey boddess and a lowish back. She had large Purple earrings and a flowery purple head piece to accompany it. She also had burgendy high heels which made her look heaps taller.

We got changed, and we were both really happy with our looks, mine was so comfy I could have slept in it

We got changed, and we were both really happy with our looks, mine was so comfy I could have slept in it. Not saying that I will. Hermione did each of our hair, then she applied a little bit of makeup to each of us. I couldn't tell you what she did, but my face felt full of gunk. I couldn't tell her that though.