Chapter 16. Fifth Year

All in Ginny's POV

August 13th, 1995: Hogwarts letters

Guess what. Our Hogwarts letters came today and believe it or not I am a Prefect. Along with Hermione, I got a letter from her minutes after I opened my Hogwarts letter. I didn't know two girl Prefects from the same house was possible, but I guess it is now.

November 16th, 1995: The incident
(Because this was so heavily requested by everyone)

I had just come out from my insanley boring history of magic class. It was even more boring than usual because my brother Percy was filling in for Professor Binns. Don't ask me why, he just volunteered. Percy had set us homework and I had a free period. It was a nice day so I decided to sit by my favourite tree along the black lake and do my homework.

I was just about finished when I heard voices shouting, I looked around to see Potter and my brother Ron with a huge crowd around them. I decided to go up and look, but now I wish I never did. What I saw wasn't a pretty sight. Once I reached the crowd and peered over there heads I saw Percy, my brother Percy levitating upside down with his pants down to his ankles. I looked around to see who the caster of the spell was, and to no one's surprise it was Potter. I gritted my teeth, Potter was now insulting him.

"Thanks for the homework Weasley," Potter said sarcastically. "You were a worse teacher than Proffesor Binns."

Percy didn't say anything back, but how could he. He was hanging upside down. What happened next, I couldn't even look at. Potter started hexing him, multiple times. I had to put a stop to it.

"POTTER!!!" I shrieked, "PUT MY BROTHER DOWN NOW."

"Why should I Weasley, I'm just doing you a favour by getting this idiot out of your life. Or don't tell me you think of him as a role-model." Potter fake gasped. I had had enough. I charged at Potter, lept on him and started kicking and punching him in everyplace possible.

What I heard next, I wish I had never gotten into this situation in the first place.

"GET AWAY STUPID SISTER!!" Percy yelled, "I DON'T NEED HELP FROM A PERSON LIKE YOU! A KNOW IT ALL."

That was it. I was done. I got up and left. I walked back over to the tree to get my stuff then left the scene, tears in my eyes. My own brother. How could he say that.

I walked until I found a deserted corridor, I slid down the wall and let the tears flow. Minutes later I heard footsteps, then they stopped in front of me. I looked up to see Potter, urghhhhhh.

"Look Ginny I'm really, really sorry." Potter said, actually almost looking sorry. "It's just I saw him first insulting you, then he was insulting me and I just couldn't hold it back. He was calling you a know it all and a disgrace to your family. I'm really, really sorry Ginny."

I didn't want anything to do with him, I got up and walked down the hall.

"Wait Ginny!" Potter said grabbing my bag to hold me back. "What's the problem."

I turned around. "YOU'RE THE PROBLEM POTTER! BECAUSE OF YOU I HAVE NOW LOST MY RELATIONSHIP WITH THE ONLY BROTHER I THOUGHT ACTUALLY UNDERSTOOD ME, NOW BECAUSE OF A CERTAIN ARROGANT, TOE-RAG, THAT'S ALL CHANGED." I said, my blood boiling. I then turned and ran as fast as I could towards the girls bathroom. I needed to get away.