Chapter 3: Trains and a Talking Hat

Harry's POV

"Well finally we are off to Hogwarts," I said to Ron who was sat across from me.

"I know Harry! I can't believe it, let's just hope it is as good as Fred and George say it is!" Ron replied back.

A minute later a girl with bushy brown hair and big front teeth walked into our compartment.

"Excuse me, I'm Hermione Granger, a first year. Can I sit in here?" The girl asked.

Ron and I looked at each other then nod politely, what else were we supposed to do.
She sat down next to Ron, and pulled out a big book that I read to be Hogwarts: A history.

Ron stared at her, she seemed completely oblivious to the fact that we were here? The girl, Hermione I think her name was, finally looked up at us after about an hour of reading.

"And who may I ask are you two?" She asked politely.

"Harry James Potter, son of James and Lily Potter. And this is Ronald Weasley, but everyone calls him Ron." I told her in the nicest way possible.

Hermione's POV

I stared between the two boys. The boy with black hair and round glasses told me his name was Harry James Potter. I mean what's was with the middle name? I looked at them stunned, they definitely didn't seem like very nice people.

So wanting to know more, because obviously they were pure blood or half blood wizards. I asked another question.

"So what house do you think you will be in?"

"Gryffindor probably," The red headed boy said. "Whole family has been and it will be quite embarrassing if I'm not.

"Gryffindor. Where dwell the brave at heart," Harry said in a rather snobbish way. "My parents were both in Gryffindor and they were head boy and girl when they were at Hogwarts. So I pretty much have to be in Gryffindor."

I looked at Harry. I am disliking this boy more and more by the minute. What did his parents even see in him. He was Rude, Arrogant and just didn't seem very pleasant to be around.

"I think I will be in Ravenclaw to be honest," I say to them not sure if they are still listening. "I guess Gryffindor would be alright too though."

"Well at least your're not Hufflepuff material, Dad says thats the house for clowns. And not because they are funny." Stated Harry in his arrogant tone.

(So sorry Hufflepuffs, that was in no way put their to offend you, I just felt it was something he needed to say to get his personality across.)

Argh, will this boy ever stop talking does he realise how Arrogant and pig-headed he is being. I couldn't wait to get off this train.

Later in the day about to arrive at Hogsmeade.

Harry's POV

I glanced out the window after a long staring contest with the girl, Hermonie I think her name was. And there it is.

"HOGWARTS!!" I yelled at Ron.

He jumped to the window next to me and we started peering out to get a better glimsp of our home for the next 7 years.

5 minutes later we arrived at Hogsmeade station. We left our trunks on the train and Ron and I jumped off the train leaving Hermione by herself. We walked over to where we here someone calling.