Chapter 4: First Year

3rd Person POV

Harry's first year was rather uneventful.

He and Ron had become even better friends than before and the two pranksters had even become good friends with Hermione Granger after accidentally saving her from the Whomping Willow. (See one-shot Book)

The 3 were very well known across the school as being the second generation Marauders. Harry being James, from his Personality to his looks. Ron being Sirius, the true prankster of the group, and Hermione being Remus having the only sense of the group. Nobody cared about who Peter was in case you were wondering, there were just the three.

A much as Harry and Ron loved being the school pranksters they were constantly stopped from carrying out their mischeif due to the constant nagging of Hermione, to the boys' Mums relief.

James and Sirius were of course happy about the two boys fulfilling their shoes as the Hogwarts pranksters. Until one day James, Lily, Molly and Arthur had all received an angry letter from Professor McGonagall concerning their sons.

The letter said...

Dear Mr. and Mrs Potter, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley

I regret to inform you that your Sons have been causing a spot of bother during weekends and after classes.

Just yesterday it came to my attention that they had blown up a toilet in the 1st Floor bathroom.

Two days ago I found them in the kitchen skipping class and eating all the junk food one could imagine.

I am dreadfully sorry to have to alert you of these incidents. Harry and Ron will both receive a week's worth of detentions and I have given them a strong talking to. I advise that you do the same.

Kind Regards,

Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry,

Minerva McGonagall

Let's just say Harry and Ron received two very angry howlers from their parents after this incident and James was forced to be a lot less lenient to his Son's misbehaving than he wanted to be.

In any case you were wondering Harry still hadn't forgotten about Ginny after several months of trying to forget about what happened on the platform. But he couldn't. Every night he would go to bed and dream about what life would be like with her in his grasp. He dreamt about her cherry smelling red hair, her cute smile, and those eyes. Those chocolate coloured eyes with gold speckles just like his father's. In other words he thought she was beautiful.

Of course Harry never told Ron and Hermione about any of these feelings. He knew they were real but he wasn't sure how his best friends would react. He knew from past experience that Ron was a very protective big brother and Hermione never thought much of other peoples relationships. He thought that he would tell them later, but he didn't know how long he could keep his feelings to him self.

The year continued to move along smoothly, Harry and Ron played pranks and caused much more mischief even after their angry howlers. As much as Hermione tried to stop them it proved impossible. Harry had inherited his father's invisibility cloak as well as the marauders map so no matter what she tried she could not stop them from earning detentions.

By the time exams were upon them everyone but Harry and Ron were exhausted. Everyone had completed their exams and to Hermione's disbelief Harry and Ron aced them with no study to what she saw. "WHAT!!!" She had said when the exam results came out. They had almost gotten better than her.

A week later they were returning to Hogmeade via the school carriages ready to get on the train home. To Harry and Ron it had been one of the best years of their life, mostly because they were finally free of there pestering mother's of course.

The train ride seemed shorter than their first and before they knew it Harry and Ron were in James arms telling them all about their first year at the beloved school.