The Curse

#A4Day3: Fire and Ice

The year 1910, Joseon Dynasty

It's been 5 years since Prince Richard III, the Crown Prince of Joseon dynasty was cursed. Since then, he fell into a deep sleep. The royal physicians couldn't tell what he's sickness was all about. The King spent sleepless nights; thinking how to resolve the problem. But he felt helpless, as always. The curse was given by Arya, a mystical creature who's power caused winter to the land and was very revengeful towards the King.

"Shaman Wol, how is he? The Crown Prince?", His Majesty King Richard II asked.

"He is still sleeping, Your Highness. I could still feel the cold spirit within him."

"What should we do now? I couldn't just sit here on the throne and do nothing."

"Maybe the prophecy is right, Your Highness. Help will come."

"What Prophecy, Shaman Wol? Tell me!"

"The late Scholar Min Hwa once wrote, "The day will come when the moon will be darkened. The past meets the future. The curse will be broken. A voice with much power will be heard. A new fate will soon unfold.", she explains to His Majesty.

"Is it possible?"

"Yes, Your Majesty. We'll just have to wait for the coming solar eclipse and see what happens."

6 months later...

Meanwhile, Maine was standing outside the Crown Prince's quarters. She is escorted by two the palace guards. Maine is a woman from the 21st century that was transported back in time. Everything felt surreal for her. She can't forget that very night. It was a solar eclipse and somewhat an unknown force caused her to travel back in time to the Joseon dynasty.

She is a singer back home. People would always tell her that every time she sings, those who listened felt warmer within their hearts. When Maine arrived in Joseon, she met Shaman Wol who revealed to her that she is the one mentioned in the prophecy that would awaken the Crown Prince.

After a few minutes, she was ushered inside the Crown Prince's chamber. She hasn't met him. All she knows was his name is Crown Prince Richard III. When Maine finally had the chance to see his face, her heart almost sank. He was the man of her dreams back home. He is sleeping peacefully. He looks so handsome. He has rosy cheeks and white skin complexion. Her heart started to beat faster. Then, she started to sing in order for him to be awake from the curse.

"All my life, I was dreaming...all my life, I was searching...all my life I was seeking for someone I can truly call my own...", she sings with all her heart.

When the song ended, Crown Prince Richard slowly opened his eyes. He was finally awakened from his deep sleep. The curse was broken by the sound of Maine's voice. The Head Shaman hurriedly reported to His Majesty of this good news. The Prince arose from his bed and saw a beautiful maiden.

"What happened? I felt that I was asleep for too long. But in my dreams, I heard a beautiful song and a very warm voice. Is that yours, woman?", she asked her.

"Yes, Your Highness. I am glad that you're finally awake.", she answered while bowing her head.

"Who are you? Lift your head and tell me your name.", he commanded.

"My name is Maine, Your Highness."

He looked at her with a smile, as if she's the only woman in the land of Joseon. Finally, the curse was broken. The past meets the future. A new fate unfolded.