Best friends

#A4Day6: Not everyone you lose is a loss. 

"Maine, do we have to do this? Why? Okay naman tayo ah! Bakit may ganito?", Alden said to her.

"I'm sorry, Alden. Akala ko din na magiging okay tayo. Pero, hindi eh."

"I thought we promised each other na, 'walang iwanan, ikaw at ako, tayong dalawa. Hanggang forever."

"Kalimutan mo na ang lahat ng 'yun Alden. Pagod na ako. I'm just freaking tired with all the glitz and glamor. Pagod na akong magkunwari. Ayoko na.", Maine said as she about to leave.

"Maine, no. Please. Please don't do this to me. If you want, pwede na akong tumigil sa pag aartista, so that we can live the kind of the life that you've been dreaming of. Away from the camera, from all the eyes of the people. Let's do that, okay?", he pleaded while kneeling in front of her.

"Tama na, Alden. That's enough. Maghiwalay na tayo. Siguro naman sa katagalan maiintindihan din ng AlDubnation ang nangyari."

That's exactly the words that haunted Maine for 3 years. She broke up with the Pambansang Bae, Alden Richards. Everyone was shocked especially both of their families and their fans, the AlDubnation. She only got back from Canada. Instead of resting at home, there she is, doing voluntary work for the Aetas in Zambales.

It's been a week that she joined the mission work for the Aetas. She teaches them how to read and write. She admits that she missed her days in Eat Bulaga. She misses him. Very much. Pero ano nga ba ang karapatan niya? Siya naman ang bumitaw sa mga pangako niya. She knows that he hates her so much now. She ruined everything.

"Maine, andito na pala yung Pastor na naka assign na maging team leader natin.", she heard her co-worker said.

Then, she saw him. Maine was startled. It was Alden. She is expecting for him to yell at her, to hear hurtful words, and to be humiliated. But he didn't. Instead, he smiled at her.

"Hi, Maine. Kumusta?", he said while offering his hand.

"...uhhhmm, okay lang. Pastor ka na pala?"

"Hmmm...parang ganun na nga. You could probably say that."

There was a long silence between them.

"Galit ka pa sa kin di ba? Huh! Why would I ask that?"

"I could probably do that, Maine. Masakit. Pero, I choose to forget everything about it."

"I'm sorry..."

"I already forgave you, Maine. Matagal na. Dahil sa nangyari, mas naging malapit ako sa Diyos."

"It must have been hard for you?"

"Yes. Mahirap nung una. Pero nakatanggap ko din bandang huli. Maybe because some things or people were not meant to be."

"Sorry...I'm really sorry. Dahil sa akin, nawala ang career na ilang taon mong pinaghirapan. Binitawan kita. That's why I lost you. I'm sorry."

"You didn't lose me, Maine. You lead me to a better destiny. Thank you. Sana mahanap mo din ang destiny na nakalaan para sa'yo."

"You hate me, right?"

"I don't...I won't. I can't...because before you became my girlfriend in the past, you're my best friend. Sana wag mawala yun. Shall we?"

"Oo naman. Salamat..."

"It's nice seeing you again, Nicomaine."

"It was nice seeing you again too, Pastor Richard..."