A childish promise

-Hanasaki Kensuke's POV-

"Kobayashi?" I exclaimed,  standing up abruptly. I pushed my chair so hard it fell backwards. Everyone was fixated on my reaction but I was just looking at the one person I know. I mean...I HAD known. My childhood friend. My one and only childhood friend.

Kobayashi Yoshio....

.

.

.
.
.

Kobayashi yoshio and I met when he both of us tried to save a kitten from on top of a tree during our preschooler days. I saw the kitten first but later, Kobayashi who happened to be walking the same path saw me and tried to lend a help. It was challenging, that was true. But, after several hours, we got the kitten down and reunite it back with its mother.

-Flashback-

-Third person POV-

"There you go sweet kitty! You're save now!" Exclaimed the brown haired male. "Now, go to your mommy!" He added, pushing the cat gently to its mother.

The cat gave a small cute new and ran to meet its mum. Beside the brown haired male, stood another slightly shorter male with outstanding bright white hair.

"Oh..Thank for your help!" Said the brown haired male. "I'm Hanasaki Kensuke! Nice to meet you!" He smiled cheerfully, extending his hand out for a handshake.

"Kobayashi....Yoshio.."

"Huh? What?" Asked the brown haired male.

"My name..Kobayashi Yoshio...." Muttered the slightly shorter male. "N..Nice to meet you too, Hanasaki..." He said, returning the handshake. Hanasaki smiled broadly.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"I'm...5 years old..."

Hanasaki's face lit up like fireflies. "Then, I'll be your onii-chan!! I'm 6 years old!!" He said with a cheerful smile. "let's be good friends okay!" He continued.

"Ah...O..Okay..."

"Say, since were friends, if you or me were to leave, promise you won't forget about me!" Hanasaki said, extending out his pinkie. "Pinkie promise me!"

"I..I pro..Promise I won't forget about you!" Kobayashi replied, linking his own pinkie with Hanasaki's.

"Great!! Oh, I got to go! Let's hang out again tomorrow! Byeeeee!!" Hanasaki waved, running the opposite direction from where they had found the kitten, hanging on by the tree.

-End of flashback-

-Hanasaki Kensuke's POV-

It was just a childish promise when we were kids....Then, he disappeared.... all of a sudden for 5 years...without telling me anything, I didn't saw him for 5 years....I thought we won't ever meet again...But here he is, standing in front if the class. His hair still white as ever, his eyes, blood red, and it still have the menacing aura. Somehow, his innocence are long gone, but that's expected....its been 5 years after all.... However...something seems off....

Actually, a lot of things seems off....Kobayashi looked mature and somehow...distant? No...that's not the word, he looked irreproachable... yeah, that's the word...He looked like he's trying to shun people away... Why is he so unsociable? He always was the innocent kid I once knew...but not anymore...

"Hanasaki-kun?" The teacher called out. "Are you alright?" She asked.

Oh no...I've been so consumed by my own thought I forget I was still in class. I looked around the classroom, everyone was giggling and holding back their laughs. Well....almost everyone.