My Memories

-Third person POV-

-flashback-

"Yoshio-kun, please come here for a while." A kind old looking woman with grayish hair tied up in a bun, called out, smiling sweetly. The young boy wobbled across the room on his chubby, small leg, making his way to the kind old lady.

The young boy tripped and fell down, face first. The kind old lady gasped, picked him up and brushed off the dirt that was stuck on his pants. She smiled and patted the boy on his head.

"Yoshio-kun..... listen to me." She said, picking up the boy and placing him on her lap. "You posses a strange ability, which most people won't understand...."

"Won't undershtand?" The young boy repeated, tilting his head.

"yes. You're still young, in fact, too young to understand. When you grow older, you'll get what I am trying to tell you." She smiled.

"Am... I a monsther? Ish that why daddy dwon't wike me?" The young boy asked, trying his best to pronounce the words correctly.

The old lady shook her head and held the little boy's small chubby hand. "No. He don't hate you. Your dad loves you as much as your mother love you. Listen hear, Yoshio-kun when you grow older, you'll face more hardship that you ever imagine."

"Dhoes, that means pweople hwate me?" The boy asked again.

"I don't think they hate you. I think they are scared of you."

The boy looked up to meet the old lady's eyes. His bright red-ish colour eyes stared right into the kind old lady's. "Do you....hwate me?"

"Of course not! I love you very much!" She smiled and pinched Kobayashi's fluffy cheek. "But, I won't always be by your side.." She said softly. The boy stared at the lady, confused and baffled. "You won't bwe with me?"

"No dear.... That's life. But, you're still too young. For now, why don't we have some fun." She smiled and took out a small bag plastic bag. "let's light up some fireworks." She continued.

-Present time-

Fourteen years old, Kobayashi Yoshio sat on the cold cement floor, wondering about a lot of stuff. He was thinking about his family, about his dreams and sometimes, no, not sometimes, most of the time, he'd think about Hanasaki. His confession startled him.

All of the sudden saying, "I will hold you one day". That wasn't a joke and he was certain that Hanasaki too, doesn't mean it as a joke. He knew Hanasaki was being serious. But why?

All this while, people hate him. Just like when he was four, a kind old lady who stayed next to his house often came to his house and talked to him. The old lady said people would despise him, they would scowled at him and muttered mean stuff under their breath.

It was right. People hate him so much. People said he was a monster. Not long after that, the lady passed away due to old age. Her grandchildren and children never came to her funeral. It was different than the time when Kobayashi's parents died. Everyone came to his parents' funeral but the air was different. Much more fake than the time when the lady passed away. Even though the lady's children and grandchildren did not come, the entire community attended the funeral, expressing their honest opinions. Their tears were genuine compared to Kobayashi's parents' funeral.

Kobayashi felt sad but he was too young to understand so he didn't cry. He liked that old lady just like how he like Hanasaki. But, as he grew older, he came to know the dangers of his powers. To protect the people he love, he would have to stay away. Far away.