My Past

-Third person POV-

The house was quiet and pitch black. The brunette woke up from his slumber and slowly sat up, rubbing his tired eyes. After his eyes were adjusted to the darkness, he realised Kobayashi was gone. He slipped out of bed and went out of his bedroom in search for his childhood friend.

He made his way along the dark corridor, entering each and every room until he spot a short looking silhouette sitting with his arms wrapped around his legs, rocking backs and forth.

He slowly approached the shorter male, trying his best not to startle him. "Kobayashi....? Are you...um...okay?" He softly asked. He reached out and tapped the shorter male.

Kobayashi flinched and abruptly turned around. He was sweating bullets, his breathing was rapid, his face was pale under the light of the moon. Hanasaki crouched down and wrapped his arms around Kobayashi.

"Shh..... calm down. Did you have a bad dream again?" asked the brunette as he gave Kobayashi a soothing hug.

Kobayashi nodded slowly. He gripped on Hanasaki's sleeve as hard as he can, afraid that if he let go, the dream would haunt him again. Hanasaki worriedly sighed and picked up the trembling male.

"Let's go back to sleep okay." Said the brunette. He carried the other male back to the bedroom, set him on the bed and pulled the blanket to shelter him from the coldness of the night.

"Listen. I'll be here all night. I won't leave you okay." Hanasaki smiled and slipped into his bed, laying down next to the shorter male. Kobayashi gave a small nod and went back to sleep.

The brunette tiredly closed his eyes and yawned. He was worried. It wasn't the first time Kobayashi had run out of the bedroom because of a nightmare. This was the fourth time and this was worse than the last time. His gaze was fixated on the sleeping white haired male.

"is it that scary.......?" He wondered. "If only there's something I can do to help ease your pain...." he continued.

.

.

.

.

-The next morning-

".......yashi.......hey.....wake up....Kobayashi...."

The smaller male woke up after hearing someone calling out his name. "Hanasaki?" he muttered softly.

"Yeah....g'morning Kobayashi. You seem to have a great sleep...." Smiled Hanasaki. Kobayashi was confused. "Huh? What do you mean?" he  asked, clueless on what's happening.

"that..." Hanasaki said in reply and pointed out that Kobayashi was still holding on to the sleeve of his shirt. Embarrassed, the shorter male quickly pulled away and hide his blushing face. "S-s-sorry! I...didn't realise I was holding onto it like that..."

"It's fine. It's not that I hate it or anything. Honestly, it was quite cute if you leave out the whole nightmare thing." The brunette said with a smile.

"I'm not cute....stop it." Kobayashi shyly muttered.

Hanasaki smiled and gave Kobayashi a gentle pat on the head. "Well....if I can't say you're cute, then, can I say adorable? Or....tsundere?" He asked.

"No! No way! No nicknames! Just Kobayashi's fine! In the first place, I don't even know why I'm associating myself with you again!" Kobayashi replied before slipping out of bed.

"I'm going to wash my face, don't barge in okay!?" He continued.

"Alright princess.....go on, make yourself pretty." Joked the brunette. He laughed at his own joke when Kobayashi shot him an 'are-you-serious' glare.