Chapter 4

*Flashback to March 25, 2015*

"Okay, will somebody please explain why it's been all sad around here?" I asked, standing up from the dinner table.

"Nothing, Eve. We all just miss Oliver a bit," Uncle Niall said. I rolled my eyes.

Oliver decided to stay home for the first half of tour since he doesn't like the cities which is absolutely stupid and ridiculous.

"That's a lie," I said, raising my voice a bit.

"Lower your voice, and take a seat," Dad said, his eyes darkening. A sign that says he's angry.

"You guys have been moping around all day, as well as the last week. You've taken my phone so I wouldn't get on social media, and I did nothing wrong. I'm confused and I want and explanation," I said, sitting back down.

"Eve-"

"No, Harry. It's about time to tell her," Uncle Zayn said from beside me. I turned to him and furrowed my eyebrows.

"What is it?" I asked. He grabbed my hand and squeezed his eyes shut.

"Leigh... I'm.. I'm leaving the band," he said. Tears built up in my eyes and I looked at everyone else who had a solemn look on their face.

"Great joke guys," I said, wiping my eyes and looking at them. But their looks held sympathy now. And it was directed towards me. "Are you serious?"

"I am.. it's just not my scene anymore.." Uncle Zayn said.

"That's no excuse!" I yelled. He sighed.

"I know, Leigh. You guys would probably be better off without me either way," Uncle Zayn said.

"Better off? No. You are part of this band; you, as well as everyone else, makes this band whole. You're just going to leave?" I asked, giving him a sad look.

How could he just leave?

"I have to.. I'm sorry," he said.

"You know, it's barely even the fact that you're leaving the band," I paused, dryly letting out a laugh. "It's the fact that you're leaving us."

I got out of my chair and went to my bunk and just cried. I sobbed and I didn't care how loud it was.

I hope he knows what he's putting me through. I hope he hears me crying.

I know that he hasn't left yet, but I'm just so scared of being left. I'm terrified.

My mother left us when I was younger, and now 'Uncle Zayn' is doing the same exact thing.

What an uncle.

"Leigh," I heard someone say. Though I knew exactly who it was because only one person is allowed to call me Leigh.

"I don't really want to talk to you," I said, choking in my sobs a little bit. I heard a sigh, and then he was in my bunk with me.

"Listen.. I'm not leaving you guys. I'll still text you, and call you. I'm gonna visit you guys. It may be some time but I'm still here. I'm still your uncle, love," he said. I scoffed.

"You know.. I'm sure Mum said the exact same thing to Dad. And she never came back. Never called. Never wrote. So.. yeah," I said.

"Everleigh, you cannot seriously be like this. I'm not leaving you-"