Chapter 5

"Eve, wake up," I heard someone say as they shook my shoulders.

I gasped and shot up. That wasn't a dream. That was reality. A flashback.

"Woah, you alright?" I heard someone else say. I blinked a couple times and looked at Dad and Uncle Niall as my vision cleared.

"What? Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Just had a... dream sort of thing," I said, fumbling over my words.

Dad furrowed his eyebrows and placed the back of his hand on my forehead.

"Are you sick?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No. I just had a flashback," I muttered. His face held sympathy as he nodded at me.

"Alright. Well, why don't we head downstairs for breakfast? Louis cooked and it's actually pretty decent," Dad said, chuckling.

"He what?!" I exclaimed, jumping out of bed and running down the stairs.

But not literally running.

That would be dangerous.

About a year ago, Dad and I decided to let Uncle Louis cook us some spaghetti because come on. How hard is it to cook spaghetti?

But may I remind you that this is Uncle Louis we're talking about.  He had(has) no experience in the kitchen whatsoever.

And he literally caught the noodles on fire. How?

How do you catch noodles on fire unless you literally lay them on the burner?

Reason 1A as to why I am racing to the kitchen.

"Woah, slow it down some," Uncle Liam said.

"Uncle Louis! Stop! You're gonna.. burn.. the- what is the delicious smell?" I asked, the smell taking over my words.

"That would be the amazing pancakes I made. Am I right fellas?" Uncle Louis asked, a smirk making its way on his face.

He held out a plate to me and I cautiously took it. I sat at the table and slowly brought a bite to my mouth.

Oh my-

"This is amazing! Are you sure you made these?" I asked, my eyes widening in shock. He nodded and smiled.

"Yup. I had no help. Now I can cook dinner!" He exclaimed I laughed.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself," Dad said, coming in the kitchen and grinning.

"What's on the agenda today?" I asked, scarfing down these amazing pancakes.

"Well, tomorrow is the premiere of Dunkirk," Dad said.

"Oh yeah! Where at?" I asked.

"I think it's in LA," he said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why is it in LA?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I have no clue. We're flying down at about two," Dad said. My eyes widened.

"Today? As in two o'clock today?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah. Why?" He asked.

"I haven't packed! And it's already 12 almost!" I exclaimed.

"Oh. It won't take you too long to pack. I told you about this last week, Eve," Dad said.

"Uhm.. no you didn't," I stated. He shrugged like it was no big deal.