Chapter 41

I watched as Dad poured himself a drink.

He was glancing over his shoulder to make sure nobody watched him.

But I did.

I was hidden behind the doorframe, watching him. I feel like a stalker. But I need to figure out why he's drinking so much.

It's because of me, though. I already knew that. I guess I'm stressing Dad so much that he's led to drinking.

I walked over to him and watched as he took a sip. He suddenly felt a presence and jumped when he saw me.

"What the fuck, Everleigh," he exclaimed. My eyes widened and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why are you cursing so much?" I asked. He rolled his eyes and started to walk away.

I followed him as he went to his room. He tried to close the door but I stood in front of it so he couldn't.

"Everleigh, move," Dad firmly said. I crossed my arms and shook my head. "You literally have five seconds before I carry you to your room."

I rolled my eyes at his threat and watched as he sat his drink down.

"Dad, I'm not a child," I said. He started to count. "Are you serious?"

"Clearly you're a child. You're disobeying my every move, Everleigh!" Dad yelled. I rolled my eyes again and watched as he clenched his jaw.

Next thing I know, I'm over Dad's shoulder and he's walking to my room.

"Put me down!" I yelled. "Help!" It was no use though. Everybody went out for dinner but I wasn't allowed out of the house so I was forced to stay here - also making Dad stay home as well to watch me.

Dad opened my door and sat me down on my bed. He turned his back to me and walked away. He started closing the door and peaked his head through before it was fully closed.

"I don't want to see you out of your room the rest of the night," Dad said, slamming the door after. I let out a long sigh and leaned back on my bed.

Why does he have to be like this? All I did was start to date Noah. That's it. It's not like we were hooking up!

I understand that he's mad because we're 'cousins' but I don't care. We're not cousins and that's final.

We didn't grow up knowing each other as cousins. We didn't look at each other as cousins.

Therefore, we're not.

***

A knock was heard at my door before Oliver poked his head in my room.

"What do you want?" I asked. Oliver came in and shut the door, sitting next to me on my bed.

"How are you?" He asked. I glared at him and leaned against my bed frame.

"Peachy," I retorted. I heard him sigh and place a hand on my shoe-covered foot.

"Don't give me the cold shoulder," he said. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and threw my hands up.

"I mean, if you didn't cause a ruckus and punch Noah in the face, maybe I wouldn't be giving you the cold shoulder," I said, sarcasm lacing through my voice.

"He deserved it. Everleigh, he's your cousin!" Oliver yelled. I ignored him and got up, opening my door and gesturing for him to leave.

"I don't need to hear you yell at me either. I've gotten enough of that from Dad," I said. "Now, if you don't have anything else to yell at me for, please leave."

I watched him sigh and stand up.

"That's not what I came in here for. I came to ask where Dad is," he said. I gave him a look and shrugged my shoulders.

"How the hell am I supposed to know?" I asked. Oliver shrugged. "Last I saw him he was getting drunk off his ass and then he yelled at me and made me stay in my room."

Oliver furrowed his eyebrows together and placed his hands in his pockets. "He was getting drunk? Dad never drinks unless we're all home."

"Don't ask me," I said. Oliver sighed and left the room. I closed my door and sat back while closing my eyes.

I wish Dad hadn't took my phone.

An idea popped in my head and I rushed to my feet. I crouched down and slid out my laptop.

I told Dad my laptop broke and wouldn't even turn on. He must have believed me without checking for himself because he never asked for it.

I fired it up and waited for it to load. Once loaded, I opened up the FaceTime app and pressed on Noah's number.

"Eve?" Noah asked, after letting it ring for a few seconds. I grinned at him and heard a door slam. I watched his eyes wide and him chuckle a bit while saying, "Oops!"

"Hi," I grinned.

"How are you calling me?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Dad didn't take my laptop," I said.

"I thought it was broken?" Noah asked. I shrugged and grinned at him.

"That's what he thinks," I said. I watched him laugh and lay down on his bed.

"So, how are you?" He asked.

After that, we just talked. It hasn't been long since our holiday ended - about a day - but you know how my family is.

I missed him. I know a lot of people have it harder, but this sucks. He literally lives right down the street but I can't do anything of it.

We were in the middle of a huge laughing fit at a joke he told when my door suddenly burst open.

My eyes widened as I saw Uncle Louis standing there with a frantic look on his face.

"What's going on?" I asked, sitting up off my stomach and staring at him intently.

"It's your father," he said. I gulped and nodded for him to continue. "We need to get him. Fast."

***

Hello

What's up?

So sorry for the delay.

Summer has began as I said before.

But the updates should be a lot better this week.

I was kinda stuck on where to go and now I found my path and am ready to write it!

Next update Thursday. I have it already written out!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Comment what else should happen?

Thank you!

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

~All the love, G xx