Chapter 7

"Hey, Leigh,"

I sighed and put a fake grin on my face.

"Hey," I said.

"Mind if I stand with you?" He asked. I shrugged and he nodded, standing next to me.

Why? Why does the world hate me?

"Over here!"

"Smile, Leigh,"

My face dropped when a paparazzi called me Leigh. Even if Zayn and I aren't on good terms, only he can call me that.

"Hey, bud, don't call her that," Zayn said, walking a bit towards the guy who called me Leigh.

"Hey, stop. Let it go," I spoke quietly and grasping his arm. He turned around and sighed, shaking his head.

"Look, I'm sorry. For everything. I ju-"

"Now's not the time for this, Zayn," I started. But his face broke me when I called him by his first name only. "We need to focus on the premiere."

"Yeah. Okay," he said. I nodded and we both posed in front of the cameras.

"Alright, my turn," Oliver said, coming over and stealing me from Zayn. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I stated. He nodded and we stood in front of the cameras as well.

I'm tired of taking all of these stupid pictures.

We the pictures were finally over, we walked off the carpet and followed Dad to where we were supposed to go.

Because let's be honest.. I have no clue. When do I?

"Welcome to the premiere of Dunkirk..."

***

"Dad.. I'll be honest, I started crying when you were drowning in that one scene," I said. Dad laughed and threw his arm around my shoulders.

"Awe, it's okay. I'm okay," he said. I laughed.

"Yeah. You're getting a life vest for Christmas," I said, somewhat saying what Aunt Gemma had said to him on Twitter not too long ago.

"Yeah, okay," he said, chuckling.

"Ready to eat?" Uncle Liam asked. We all nodded.

"You're okay with this?" Uncle Niall asked. I gave him an odd look.

"Uhm, yeah? I like food, plus I'm hungry," I said.

"Niall, we haven't told her yet," Uncle Louis whispered harshly.

"Told me what?" I asked. Dad sighed from next to me.

"Zayn is joining us for dinner," he said. I gave him a look.

"Why would you do that?" I asked.

"Zayn was - and still is - part of this family. We invited him for that reason," Dad said.

"You guys know her past with him. You think you could've gave her a bit of heads up?" Oliver asked.

"Look, I know we should've told you sooner-"

"You think? Why am I getting so many surprises tonight? Dad, I'm trying to make this a great night for you and not give you any difficulties but.. when you hide this it's kind of hard," I rambled. 

"Eve, I know. I'm sorry. But please just go with it," he said. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

I'll do what I please.

Arriving at the restaurant, we all got out of the car and headed in. I took a seat on the end and had Oliver sitting to my left.

As soon as I sat down, Zayn just so happened to sit in front of me. Great.