Chapter 42

Harry's POV

I nodded towards the bartender as he looked at my questioningly. He walked over to me and stood in front of me.

"What can I get you?" He asked.

"Scotch on rocks - but don't tell blondy over there!" I said, holding a finger over my lips. "Shh, she's thinks I've had to much."

The bartender chuckled as I whispered to him. I watched him as he filled a glass with ice and a liquid.

"Here, mate. This will be the best you've had all night," the bartender winked.

"Yay!" I cheered, moving the glass with clear liquid up to my mouth and taking a sip. "I never knew scotch came in clear."

The guy laughed and shook his head. "You'd be surprised."

"Wait a second," I said, holding the glass away from my face like I've watched my grandma do when she's trying to read something. I examined the glass and gasped, pointing an accusative finger at the guy. "This isn't scotch! It's water!"

He chuckled, cleaning the bar and putting away glasses. "You caught me. But you need water."

"I need scotch," I angrily stated, slamming my fist on the table.

"Woah, man. You need to go home. Is there anyone I can call for you?" He asked. I furrowed my eyebrows in anger and shook my head.

"Do you know who I am?" I asked. He let out a breath.

"Do you know I'm not stupid?" He asked. I shrugged.

"You seem stupid. You're not giving me what I want!" I whined, pouting my lips at the guy.

"Say, what brings you here?" He asked. My mind completely forget why I was pouring at him and my anger took over.

"My idiotic daughter," I fired, clenching my fists around the glass in the hands.

"What happened?" He asked. I shrugged, looking at the glass and seeing my reflection.

"She's disobeying me. She dating her cousin!" I shouted, raising my hand and pointing away from me as if it would make him realize anything deeper.

"Her cousin?" He asked, a look of disgust crossing over his features.

"Exactly. It's disgusting," I said, sighing and running my hand over my reflection in the glass.

"But wait..." he said. I looked up and watched his forehead crease together. "I though Gemma had a four year old? What other cousin does she have?"

"What, are you stalking my family now?" I asked angrily. The guy put his hands up in defense and shook his head.

"No, mate. I have a six year old niece that I'm watching over and she loves your band. She tells me all the gossip. For a six year old, she's a smart cookie," he said. I nodded.

Sometimes it gets really creepy as to how people know everything about my life.

"Yeah. This is Zayn's son. We consider Zayn her Uncle, meaning we consider Noah - Zayn's son - her cousins," I said. He nodded.

"I see. So, technically they're not cousins?" He asked. I glared at him.

"They're cousins! They've always been cousins in my eyes!" I yelled, banging my fist on the bar.

"All right, all right. Take it easy," he said. I glared my arms up and shook my head.

"No! Why should I? She disobeying me and it's pissing me off! He's her cousin for fucks sake!" I yelled.

"Okay. They're cousins," the guy said. "But please calm down."

"I don't need to do anything you want me to do," I snarled, getting out of my seat and walking away.

I walked over to the exit and walked outside.

Why doesn't anybody understand? The least they could do is act like they understand.

But they wouldn't.

They don't have a daughter who is constantly disobeying them and dating her cousin.

"Harry, mate," I heard someone say. I turned around and saw the bartender. He walked towards me and put out a hand. "I'm Andrew. It may be easier to talk if you knew my name."

"Harry," I roughly stated, shaking his hand and sitting on the bench outside.

"I'm sorry this is happening to you," he said. I shrugged. He took a seat next to me and stared at me. "She's your little girl."

Automatically, I got upset. In the back of my mind, I knew this was truly why I was so conflicted.

"She is," I whispered.

"Nobody wants their little girl to start dating someone. They want to keep her little and smother them in love forever," he said and I nodded.

Everleigh will always be my little girl. Nothing will ever change that. Maybe it's not because they're cousins. Maybe it's just my protective side coming out.

"But they're cousins," I said. I watched Andrew nod.

"Sure. They're cousins," he said. "Have you listened to her?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows and glaring at him.

"Have you sat down and talked to her about this? Actually gave her an opportunity to tell you her feelings?" Andrew asked. I shrugged.

"I shouldn't need to. She knows she can talk to me," I said, lacing my fingers together.

"But what if she doesn't?" He asked. I huffed and stood up.

"Look, I don't need a fucking therapy session," I hissed.

It took him a second before standing up and grinning. "You know what I've figured out?"

"What?" I asked, very desperate to see what this idiots thoughts are. Note to my sarcasm.

"I've figure out that you're scared. You're scared to see her grow up. And that's okay. It's scary," he said. I cut him off before he could continue.

"I'm not scared!" I yelled. "She has not right to go against me and date her cousin!"

"You're scared. You don't want her growing up. But you're also an asshole," he said. I blinked, completely thrown off guard.

"Excuse me?" I asked, glaring holes through him.

"I bet your daughter doesn't know she can talk to you. I bet she's scared to talk to you. I bet all you do is yell at her and never actually stop and think about her feelings for once," he said. My fists clenched as I held them behind my back. "That's why you're a coward and an asshole-"

That's all it took for me to bring my fist back and collide it with his face.

***

Hi hi

How're you?

I hope you enjoyed this chapterrrrr

The end is coming soon. Maybe around chapter 46-50.

Comment anything you want to happen before the end!

Thank you!

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

~All the love, G xx