034

It was like falling down some type of rabbit hole

An hour and half later, Justin was standing in a tailored black Bottega Veneta tux that he'd heard ranged in the thousands. Beside him stood a dolled up Blink, dressed in black, strapped Steve Madden pumps and a red fitted, low back evening dress. Her hair and makeup were professionally done and it had all started when the two were whisked away in an all-black Rolls Royce Phantom from the front of their hotel.

Everything screamed money and if you couldn't tell, you were definitely deaf.

After being rushed into his tux by a series of girls who had done Blink's hair, Justin was pulled into the car by Blink who was as calm as ever.

"His name is Jameson, he prefers James. Don't bother with the last name because its long and Russian..." She was checking her cherry lipstick in a compact mirror as she spoke quietly to Justin who was holding her other hand. "He's richer than I care to talk about, but if we both didn't look like this, there would be no selling my art and that means no money."

With the driver announcing they were close to the event, Blink leaned an inch or two over to peck Justin's cheek light enough so she wouldn't leave a trace of lipstick. "Just play along and as soon as its over we'll be on our way to yours"

As if on cue, the door to her left opened softly and after taking the hand that was offered out to her, she made her way to Justin's side of the car, taking his hand and shutting his door behind him.

"Mr. Konstantinov will be waiting for you in the main hall right off of the lobby. I presume you know where that is?" The driver's eyebrow raised in obvious question. "If not, I'd be honored to show you the way" his monotonous voice and bored expression told Justin otherwise.

Earning a chuckle from Blink, the man simply bowed his head before he ducked around the side of the car and was back in his position behind the steering wheel.

The event was like stepping into the 1960s— the building was that of a regal cinema with the hundreds of feet of narrow red carpet that led to the entrance and a swarm of people all dressed similarly; the women in lavish dresses and the men in sharp black tuxes with varying colored ties, mostly black or red.

People strode past the couple in pairs and groups, each talking quietly amongst themselves, but contributing to the ever-growing buzz of chatter towards the entrance. Every single one wore bright white smiles and glowing diamond jewelry and Justin couldn't help but question if they'd really only driven twenty minutes out of town. Not only was the scenery less urban, but the people too. They rung true to suburban millionaires.

"A couple tips" Blink turned her lips just shy of Justin's ear. "Smile no matter what, they like politeness or whatever... I don't know, they're upper class people" she smiled kindly to a woman who waved timidly. "Stand up straight and don't tell anyone what you're bidding."