041

After another half hour of lazing around in bed, Blink decided getting up and introducing herself to Justin's mother would be best

After another half hour of lazing around in bed, Blink decided getting up and introducing herself to Justin's mother would be best. Tucking the front of Justin's t-shirt into her jeans, Blink threw her hair into a high ponytail and let the scent of bacon and eggs guide her to the kitchen.

Standing at the stove, with her back to kitchen door, was the picture perfect mom. With a waist apron circling her hips and her hair also in a high ponytail, perfectly curled, she stood flipping pancakes with hair as golden as Justin's. She was obviously much shorter than he was, but the two yielded many of the same features.

Even their nose and lips were the same, but the only contrasting thing was her electric blue eyes.

"Oh my goodness, hi there" Her voice held much more excitement than her eyes did. "And you must be Blair!" She was ushering the girl to the nearest bar stool, placing an empty white plate before her before Blink could properly correct her.

"I'm sorry for not introducing myself last night. It was just such a late night, cleaning up the country club after Jocelyn's baby shower. Can you believe that girl, only twenty years of age and already settled down and starting her family. I got her baby girl a set of bottles and just the cutest little booties. Yes, a girl... and to think half the club thought it was going to be a boy. They were gunna name it Joseph, but now, I guess she's thinking Josephine" she was laughing then and also stuffing Blink's plate with a small stack of pancakes.

She sure talked a lot. Maybe she wasn't such a picture perfect mom...

"Anyway, we just got home so late and I couldn't find it in me to come and wake Justin up. Little did I know, he'd brought home his girlfriend—"

"I'm not his girlfriend" Blink intervened, her eyes widening at the food being added to her plate. The pancake stack was now accompanied by a side of eggs, fruit salad, a few slices of turkey bacon and sausage.

"Oh nonsense, Brandon told me he had a little run in with you down here. Something about dropping a glass and bleeding knees. Honey, do you need me to take a look? Now, I'm no medic but I've patched Justin up a couple of times. You know boys roughhousing and all that"

"I'll be fine"

Blink wasn't the one constantly talking, but with how much information the woman was spewing she didn't know when to breathe in between the few pauses.

Like lightning, things were going fast within the kitchen, and in seconds, Justin was gliding through the door. The way he passed by Blink was odd, shying away from her right hand as she held it out towards him. However, he slid right into the stool beside her, leaning over to peck a kiss to her cheek.

"How cute," his mother smiled in their direction, repeating the same process she'd done to Blink— placing a bare plate in front of Justin, only to fill it up as she rattled useless babble.

"How was the run with your father?" The two girls both looked at Justin's sweaty hairline and shirt for conformation.

"Stepfather" he corrected. "Good, same as usual"