039

The car ride fell just shy of twenty minutes, just enough to be considered short yet suffocating for the teens

The car ride fell just shy of twenty minutes, just enough to be considered short yet suffocating for the teens. Things between them weren't seemingly as good as they'd started and Blink couldn't help but have a guilty conscience.

She was pretty sure she'd pushed him away with the whole painting fiasco. She truly hadn't meant to hurt his feelings or showcase something so personal to the public while he felt so vulnerable.

She hadn't quite figured out how she was going to ease the awkward tension. And as he mentioned, her bitchy ways and sarcastic attitude weren't the way to start. Popping the car door, Justin was out and grabbing both of their bags just as Blink exited the car.

She hadn't really took notice of their destination, but now as she looked up at the three story house, reality hit her like a ton of bricks. She was about to meet Justin's parents. Sure he'd met hers, well just her mother, but that was hardly equal in Blink's eyes, so really it was no big deal.

But somehow staring up at the stone faced house which was wide enough to host what she was sure were colossal rooms inside, her stomach began to roil unpleasantly.

Walking ahead of her, Justin looked over his broad shoulder, his raised eyebrows asking her if she was going to walk with him or gape up at the house for the rest of the night. Looking up, she guessed that the thick, grey clouds predicted oncoming rain.

"I uh...um" Did she mention she also had a rock in her throat the size of a golfball?

"Blink?" He'd turned around completely now.

"Can't we stay somewhere else?"

"Ok, like where?" He wasn't really up for her foolish games. And being honest, all he wanted was to go in, take a hot shower and fall asleep in his bed.

"Like...anywhere but here" she chuckled nervously.

"Is there something wrong with this?" He gestured up to the front of his home thats windows hosted twinkling lights. As she focused on Justin's form, her eyes losing focus on the house in the background, she shuddered at the lights ominous flicker.

"No, no" she was hesitant but had successfully taken a step closer. "I just don't— I'm not ready..." How should I go about saying this?

"They aren't here Blink." Justin chuckled, his eyes glistening in mischief and his lips quirking up into a smile. "My stepdad's at work until late and my mom...she didn't answer my calls. They don't even know we're coming"

"Shouldn't that solidify my point?"

"It's my house too" he laughed. Pacing towards her, Justin grabbed one of her hands, squeezing it reassuringly as he lead her forward. "They're not as invasive as you think. They won't even notice we're here until morning."

x x x x x x x

Evening came and fell upon them quickly and after a brief tour of the house, Justin and Blink were in separate bathrooms preparing for the tension filled night ahead.