057

"You're a piece of shit

"You're a piece of shit." Blink rasped out as the two of them stood over Justin's unconscious figure on his bed.

Shane only shrugged.

"What did you do?" Blink moved away from Shane as he suddenly stared up at her with wild eyes.

"I clocked him." He chuckled as he backed up to fall onto Carter's bed, his hands moving to support his head and his ankles crossed as he settled into the bed.

"You're lying" Blink huffed as she sunk to the bed Justin laid on. It was too small to really support both of them, so Blink inched into the space by his side on her knees. Pushing his locks from his face, she closely inspected it, her hand falling to cradle his cheek.

"You know me so well baby," he sighed.

"Stop calling me that" she glared over her shoulder at him briefly.

He didn't reply.

"If you had punched him in the face, he wouldn't be out for so long. What did you do?"

Shane sighed deeply, his hands digging into his pockets to retrieve a lone cigarette and a lighter. Blink watched him as he kicked off his shoes and sunk further into the pillows as if it was his own place. He lit it and as he blew the first air of smoke out, she whined.

"Can you put that thing out?"

"Can you be quiet?" He countered.

Blink not knowing how to respond, nodded at his order, her focus back on Justin instead. He was out cold, but the look of peace laced throughout his features served as a momentary aid to her worries.

At least he was getting the sleep she couldn't get.

After a couple minutes of silence, Shane finally spoke after finishing his cigarette. "I hit him over the head with one of the bottles I snatched out of his hands."

"Shane!"

"Will you stop whining all the goddamn time" his voice was hostile. "You're lucky I had the courtesy to even put him on the bed." His hand ushered lazily to the bed Justin laid on.

"Would you rather I put him on the floor? Or out in the fucking snow?"

"No"

"Exactly, be grateful or something"

Blink wanted to cry. She hated to admit that she'd cried more in the last two weeks than she had in her entire life, but in this moment in time, even with Justin by her side, she felt more alone than ever.

With him completely unaware, the campus being abandoned, and her tormentor sitting behind her, she felt like this was all a bad dream. It was only hours ago that she told herself and Justin that she'd be more optimistic and yet it was times like now that she knew it was impossible.

"Justin" she whispered, shaking his shoulder.

He didn't move but she could have sworn she could see his eyebrows furrowing a bit.