067

It was nearly eleven at night when the metal door to one of the single solitary confinement cells swung open

The bright light acted as a backlight to the broad figure standing in the doorway.

"Up," Paul's voice was gruff.

He was the only one she saw all week when taken out of the complete darkness to allow a bathroom break. It was always during mid-afternoon when the club was shut down and the girls were away and asleep, preparing for the next night.

She whined out, her stomach curling in hunger and her legs barely able to move from weakness.

"C'mon Blink," he kicked at her bare foot, "get up."

It took her a while, but with Paul's help and slight encouragement, she was up on her feet, stumbling as he reached down to pick up the heels she'd been sealed in with since that night.

"Service starts in two hours. Take a shower, change, and eat. Be ready"

Her only response was another whine as her head lolled back. She couldn't find the strength to even keep her head up, let alone to walk. Paul was practically dragging her out the same way he had dragged her in. If she didn't think about how cold or hungry she was, she would've worried about how she would get around tonight.

x x x x x x x

A smooth hand with red painted fingernails closed on her shoulder, giving just a little shake to grab her attention.

She broke the eyes of her reflection to turn and look at the bleach blonde girl she knew as India. Her blue eyes sparkled with sympathy and her deep southern drawl made Blink melt at its comfort.

"I've been calling your name for the last couple minutes doll," her smile was a sorry one.

"I-I didn't hear you...I'm sorry." Blink turned to look back into the mirror. Her eyes not finding her reflection's this time. She didn't think she could now and was confused at how she'd looked at her disheveled appearance for so long.

"We haven't had someone go into confinement for a while or that long," Blink didn't want to be reminded of the dark week, but she still found herself looking at the girl's big curls through the mirror. "Actually, I think I'm the only one here who's been around since it last happened and I've been here three years"

The last thing Blink wanted was to be reminded; to snap, so she only nodded. Honestly, she didn't think she had the energy to portray such emotion anyway.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that..." She exhaled deeply. "I've seen what it does. I'm here to help. If you need anything tonight..."

Blink wanted to laugh. She actually wanted to laugh at a time like this. When service started in forty minutes and she still sat in the canvas chair Paul had deposited her in not showered, hair knotted, and lingerie still the same as that night's.