044

Tyler was freshly showered and his damp locks were drawing most of Blink's attention

Tyler was freshly showered and his damp locks were drawing most of Blink's attention. He looked hotter than hot, sporting a pair of black jeans that hung low on his hips, a Thrasher Magazine hoodie with a ridiculously expensive pair of black, mesh sneakers.

Blink had heard little about them, only mere murmurs throughout the crowds back at school. Curiosity got the better of her and a glance at the price for a simple pair of sneakers, that were truly ugly in her opinion, left her disgusted. The thought of people paying so much on one single pair of shoes— unimaginable. However, Tyler made them look like everything else he wore: flawless.

Her emerald orbs were drawn back to his hair when the boy smoothed the now dark brown waves back. He'd gotten it cut since she'd last seen him, even if it was only a day ago. The tick in his jaw was showing his irritation with them and the action vaguely reminded Blink of the douchebag she had yet to call about the whole painting fiasco.

What she thought would be his help and an advantage to her, ended up being a scheme and payback for her shampoo prank on him. She planned on cussing him out until his ears bled and his eyes fell out from his constant eye-rolling. Hair would always grow back, but the wedge he'd thrown between her and Justin would remain for quite sometime, if not forever.

Justin

Bringing her hands to shove back her excessive rounds of curls, Blink groaned at the thought of Justin. She hadn't contacted him or even thought about reassuring him that she was actually alive and not crawling into the random car of some stranger for a ride.

Wincing, she looked to the boy who was watching her closely.

Maybe she had done exactly what Justin was afraid she'd do.

Her argument would be that at least she knew Tyler. That way the car she'd climbed into wasn't owned by a complete psychopath. She was actually taking a liking to Tyler after she consciously admitted that seeing him for the second time in two days wasn't a total coincidence.

"Are you ready to go?" He gestured to the front door where someone who closely resembled a butler had pulled up a different car. She'd heard the engine brought to life in the garage while Tyler was upstairs completing the rest of his girly routine while she played the piano loud enough for him to hear.

He had to admit that she was a true professional. He'd also mentioned that he had attended too many piano recitals when he was younger, shuffled around by his parents, that he knew Blink was better than most of the professional piano players in LA. Probably the entire country, he had added.

Opening her arms to look down at the outfit she'd been in all day, she drew her bottom lip into her mouth. She'd been unfortunate enough to be in situations like this with her limited wardrobe and knew exactly how to fix it.

"Do you have a pair of scissors?"

Pulling her into the kitchen, his non-verbal reply was furthered when he handed her the kitchen scissors from the wooden knife block.