Chapter 1

You see I may not be the best behaved girl, but I'm trustworthy. That's way my parents decided to ship me to London, England, with a one way ticket. They were afraid I'd end up like my older brother, Jasper, so they thought being a foreign exchange student would be good for me.
So here I sit on the 747 to London, I've always liked Great Britain so it's cool. It's about twelve-forty-five in the morning so we should be there in about a hour. I tried to sleep, but the man next to me's snoring kept me up. He was really tall, bald, and snored like a chainsaw. He wasn't very pleasant either, during the whole flight he'd been nothing then rude to me. I guess he doesn't like people who aren't middle aged and balding, oh well, his lose.
"Hey, Mister?" I pocked at him. "Mister the plane's falling!" I raised my voice ever the slightest as I talked. Shaking his arm, I try again: "Mister! Mister! Wake up the plane's crashing!"
He woke up and almost jumped out of his seat. "The plane's falling?!" He yelled in fright. "We're gonna die! We are all going to die!" Man this guy was dramatic.
"Sir?" A stewardess sauntered up to us. "Sir, please calm down the plane is fine." She paused then added. "I'm sure you just had a bad dream, Sir. We are almost to London so just sit tight and try to calm down." She then power walked back to wherever she came from.
"A bad dream. More like a little brunette brat!" He mumbled angrily turning to face me. "You little minx, I gotta ring your neck." He threatened.
I smirked. "You lie one hand on me and I'll scream bloody murder." I said.
"Why would you do that to me? Huh what'd I do to you?" He asks a little nicer.
"You were born." I remark, the smirk never falling from my face.
The look on his face changed from confusion to anger again. "Watch it, British girl, I'm still older and as far as I know you're traveling alone." He looked so angry, I almost laughed.
"I'm not scared of you, Mister, you are just not scary enough." I shrug and pull up my head phones, drowning his pitiful threats.
I've never understood why people can't take jokes. I remember Jasper telling me one time that people were to busy with themselves to find things funny. But this guy takes the cake, by far.
Anyway I'm staying with a real proper British family (Or so I'm told at least). They have three kids. Jerica (who's close to my age) and Jemma and Janna-who are seven-year-old twins. Apparently they are obsessed this J's because their names are: Jack, Jane, Jerica, Jemma, and Janna Jones. All J's. I wouldn't be surprised if their middle names began with J too. I just hope they aren't snubs, ya know? I mean I'm going to have to stay with them for a year at least. A loud buzz interrupts my music. I quickly slip them off, knowing the sound from earlier.
The petty stewardess from earlier comes over the intercom. "Attention passengers we will be landing very soon, so if everyone could buckle and turn off all electronics."
I do as told and turn to the guy again. "So, Sir, you ready for departure?" I ask.
"Shut up, minx." He grumbles. Someone's not happy.
"Ya know I read somewhere that people who frown more die quicker." I state, flashing him a toothy smile.
"I hate you." He states back.
"I know that's what makes it fun." I laughed. "Look at it this way in ten minutes you will never have to see me again."
"Joy." He muttered. "But by then I'll be back in my own house with my teenager daughter."
I'd never noticed, but he does have a wedding ring on which would mean he more then likely had kids.
"Well maybe she'll be nicer then me." I smiled tilting my head slightly. "I've told no ones worse than me."
He smiled at me. Wait! he actually smiled at me. "You know, Minx, you make her look like a princess."
"There's a smile." I commented. "What's your daughter like?"
"She's a real tomboy, in fact, I wish she'd out with girls her age. She likes to skateboard and sneak off." He said with a slight laugh. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all.
"She sounds lovely." I laughed again. "She might need a little bit of professional help, but never-the-less she sounds lovely."
He smiled again, a genuine smile. "You're right, little Minx, she needs help." With that he turned away from me , as the speakers blared: "Attention passengers we are now starting the departure." The plane landed surprisingly nicely. "Alright folks we've arrived. Thank you for flying with us and have a good day." The intercom was one thing I wouldn't miss. That and the man next to me,
"Well, Mister, it's was nice meetin' ya and flying with you." I said politely, getting up to get my stuff. I couldn't reach the overhead sadly, so I missed it by two inches.
"Didn't we go through this once before, Minx?" He asked lifting down my case. I shrugged. "I have no clue." I turned to leave. "See ya around." With that I was out the door and in the airport.

..........

I glanced up at the house in front of me, adjusting my backpack nervously. I was here. This quaint house was my home for the next year. Running up the steps, I knock twice and wait. I wasn't a anxious person, but I was terrified right now. After a few seconds the door opens and a young girl with ginger curls appeared. "You must be Eleanor!" She squealed.
"That's me." I sighed. "You must be Jemma."
She shook her head. "I'm Janna. Come in. Come in." She ushered me in. "Moma's in the kitchen with Jerica and Jem's watching TV." She spoke excitedly. "Mommy! Mommy! Eleanor's here!" She raced into the kitchen.
I followed slowly behind her. Opening the kitchen door, I saw a two people making cookies.
"Eleanor!" The older of the two girls exclaimed. "I'm Jane. This is Jerica"-She motioned to the ginger beside her-"and you've already met Janna, I see." Jane rushed around the Island to hug me. "I'm afraid my husband, Jack, hasn't gotten back from his business trip." She said with a tight but real smile.

I nodded and looked around. My eyes fell on Jerica. The girl was different; long red hair pulled into a ponytail, ripped jeans and a t-shirt from some band I'd never heard of. She didn't look like the girls at my old school. She looked almost tomboyish. My eyes widened thinking back to wait the man on the plane had said. 'She's a teenage tomboy'
"Why is she staring at-" Jerica was cut off my the front door opening and who I assume was Jemma yelling' daddy'.
The kitchen door opened seconds later and.... "You!" I exclaimed with a look of pure shock. It was the man from the plane.
"You!" He mimicked horrified.
"Please tell me you are not Jack?" I pleaded.
"And please tell me you aren't Eleanor." He looked at his wife for help.
"You two have already met?" was all his wife said.

"Why you?" I asked to no one in particular.
"I'm asking myself the same thing, Minx."
"So I'm confused." Jerica interrupted our staring. "How do you know each other?"
"We sat next to one another on the plane." I said dully.
"She annoyed me the whole flight." He paused considering his next words. "She makes Jerica look like an angel."
"Now, Jack, I'm sure that's not true, and besides first impressions are often wrong." Jane sighed. "You'll just have to learn to love her, because she's not going anywhere."
Jack slumped a little. "Whatever, you say, darling."
"So." Jerica started, taking it in her own hands to change the subject. "I was thinking I could take Eleanor with me tonight? I mean she'll never be herself around you guys and if she's not herself then how am I ever going to know her." She rambled, having found that rambling often got her parents to say yes.
"If she wants to." Her mom agreed.
"Would you like to?" She asked me. "It's just me and some of my friends going out."
"Um." I thought about it a moment. The pros and cons were long, but it'd get me away from baldy and I'd meet a few people. "Why not." I said with a smile. "Just let me change."
"Sure. I'll show you to the bathroom." Jerica smiled.

##########################

That's the first chapter. I hope you in joy this story.
The next chapter will be more interesting, I promise.
Anyway have a nice today. - Izzy