Chapter 12: Padma to the Rescue

I lie with my head on Rafe's lap and legs bent on the floor. Jerica sat next to me untying and tying my shoes again, and Magnus sat criss-cross in front of ranting about a teacher. Together in the small train station we looked like the cast of some rebellious 80's movie like the Breakfast Club, or possibly something newer like Skins. 
Jerica laughed. "We look like we're off a CW show." She then gasped. "Like Riverdale!"
"Ugh, do we have to go there, Jer." Magnus sighed. 
"Why not." I objected. "I can be Veronica. Red can be Betty, You can be Jug, and Rafe can Archie." 
"I wanna be Jug!" Rafe laughed, shaking his head. 
"Please don't tell you watch it, Rafe?" 
"She made me watch it with her." He pointed down at me. "But Jug's my fav."
Magnus stood up. "You see what she's doing to you, man, you've gone soft." 
"Says the boy who's seen every episode of Skins ever." Jerica snickered.
"Really, Mag, you're naughtier then I thought." I commented just to tease him.
Magnus blushed. "I....Um... I." He stuttered.
"Yeah I bet he's naughty, right, Jerica? Ya know I mean if he's seen every episode of that show then he must know-"
I cut him. "Get your dirty mind out of the gutter." I laughed while playfully slapping his arm.
"That's not what you said last night, British girl." He said with a devilish grin.
"Raphael!" I gasped, a pink tent making it's way to my cheeks.
"I don't want to know." the brunette and redhead agreed together.
"There's nothing to tell." I laughed standing up. "Come on we've been here for since school let out, and I'm starving." I reached a hand down to help Jer up. 
"If curly over there is Jug then you'd have to be Betty. But you fit Ronnie so well." The ginger, continuing the previous conversation, jumped to the ground effortlessly. "But either way we fit as sisters." 
"Can we please stop talking about that show now." Magnus pleaded. 
"Let's talk about food in stead." Rafe suggested, wrapping an arm around me as we walked.
"You two are on your own to eat." Jerica laughed. "We have to get going. I've got studying to do."
"And Magnus is going to help?" I asked
"Nancy Wheeler kind of studying, Jer?" A smirk appeared on Rafe's face as he raised an eyebrow.
Jerica turned red and went to slug his arm and missed by a mile. "Still hit like a five year old too." He chuckled. 
They soon split off heading toward the house, leaving us to roam the streets on our own. 
"How about the dinner on the corner." I suggested.
Rafe hesitated before responding. "Yeah, sure. why not." He led the way to the checker printed dinner on the corner of a busy section in town. 
It reminded me of something out of the fifty's or sixty's. I'd been in it a couple of times with Jerica, but Rafe never wanted to go. 
Once inside the door, we found a booth against the counter. 
"Oh God." My attention turned to a booth across the wall where four rich looking guys sat making a huge mess for the waitress. 
"What?" He turned to look, his expression hardened. "Those little-" He cut himself by standing and walking toward them. 
"Rafe, where are you going?" I followed after the brunette boy.
"You think because your richer then other people you can make a mess!"He almost yelled, his accent strong and thick. 
"Yeah why the bloody heck wouldn't we, Turner?" One of the thugs laughed. "Besides she deserves it." Another one motioned to a waitress with long brown hair. "She's a little witch." 
Wait they know him? And her?
"You wanna say that again, Todd?" Rafe threatened. I got to admit it was pretty hot. 
"Wanna take this outside, Turner?" Who I'm assuming is Todd threatened back. 
"Raphael!" The waitress snapped coming from behind the bar.
I placed a hand on his arm, "Back down now, please."
"Yeah, Rafe, listen to your little girlfriend and walk away." One of Todd goons teased. 
This made Rafe worse. "You want to go outside? Let's bloody go outside then!" 
Before I could blink they were all gone. Walking around the back, I found them. As they came into view, Rafe and Todd were trading punches, but a second later Rafe was on the ground and Todd was pounding on him good. 
"Rafe!" I yelled out in shock. 
"Oh, look, the queen come to save the king." Todd sneered. "Jimmy, why don't you show the king how easy it is to lose his queen." Arms wrapped tightly around my waist.
"Hello, sweetheart." A rough voice whispered in my ear. "We can such a good time together."
"Don't touch her!" Rafe demanded. "Touch her and I swear you will die a slow and painful death."
"You're in no place for making demands or threats, Turner." Todd raised his fist again.
"I called the cops." A new voice shouted. 
My head whipped around to see a girl about seventeen with darker skin and hair to match. She looked like bad news. "Get out of here, Todd, or you can play with me."
Todd cursed and got off Rafe. "Let the princess go, Jimmy."
Jimmy did as told and the minute he let go, I ran to Rafe. "Are you okay." I helped him up, and placed a hand to his cheek, it was bruised but not badly. 
He quickly pulled me into a tight embrace.
"Goodness, Rafey, didn't I teach you not to pick a fight with football players. They're not good for anything or at anything." The girl, placing a cigarette between her lips, leaned against the brick wall. 
"Yeah you did, but I was always a terrible student." He pulled away, and crossed the alley to where she leaned. "It's been awhile."
"Dang right, baby. Now what happened this time?" She asked, removing the cig and letting smoke out.
"They were being jerks to Mum again." He explained.
She smiled. "Enough about Todd and his jerk squad. Tell who you're blue eyed friend is."
"I'm Ellie." I waved shyly.
"My girlfriend." Rafe added. 
"Hello, Ellie, it's nice to meet you. I'm Padma, Rafe's cool older sister." She stuck out her hand for me to shake. I shook her hand.
"Now come on, sugar, let's get you cleaned up."
We followed her back into the building, where the waitress from earlier stood waiting on us.
"Rafe Turner, how many times have I told you not to get in fights!" The lady looked mad, correction really mad. Why'd she care so much?
"I know. I know, Mum, I just.. I hate how they take advantage of you." He said, looking down at the ground.
"Mum." I mumbled quietly. I put a hand of my mouth quickly, I hadn't meant to say that out loud.
She head snapped to me. "Who's this?"
"I'm Ellie Bates, I-"
She cut me off. "You're the Jones' new addition.
I nodded. "That would be me."
Her gaze fell on our joined hands. "And what's this?"
Rafe scratches the back of his neck. "She's a.. She's my girlfriend, has been now for about three months."
"And how'd I not know about this, Rafe?" She asked.
"Dad knew. He said it was okay." He said slowly.
"Well if David said it was okay, it's okay with me too." She sighed. "Well, Ellie, it's nice to meet finally meet you. I'm Kelly, Rafe's mum, of course." She stuck her hand out, and I shook it.
I hate shaking people's hands, it's just weird.
"Come on, Ellie, we better get you home before dark." Rafe says obviously wanting to leave.
He turned and started toward the door. "And, Rafe," His mother called. "You're grounded for getting in a fight. I expect you to go straight home after dropping her off, and to be there when I get off."
"What time do you get off?" He questioned sadly.
"I don't get off until midnight, so you really better be there." With that we left the dinner.

**************
"Perfect tea party, Janna." I complemented her while handing her a small dish to dry.
She giggled. "Thank you, Ellie."
Jack and Jane had gone out of town and taken Jemma with them. And since Jerica was at Magnus' house, Janna and I decided to have a tea party. We'd even went to the store and gotten little cookies to eat. I believe they call cookies crumpets here, but hey I was born in the US.
"It's almost nine, Jan, I think it's time for bed." I sighed, picking her up off the counter.
"Do I have too, Ellie, tomorrow's Saturday." She protested, and tried to stifle a yawn.
"I'm sorry, love, but bedtime is bedtime." I said. "Besides you're tired, and we'll have all day tomorrow to play."
She nodded, tiredly laying her head on my shoulder.
Within five second she was out like a light.
I carefully laid her in her bed, and turned out the lights. "Night, Janna." I whispered.
Finding my way through the hallway, I pushed open the door to my room, and curled up on the bed with a book.
I hadn't been reading ten minutes when there was a knock at the window.
I threw back the curtains to find Rafe outside the window.
I quickly opened it. "Rafe, what ate you doing here?! You're grounded, remember."
"Yes, but I also remember that she doesn't get off til midnight, and I'm supposed to be at Dad's this week." He explained. "Plus I'm super bored and it's freezing out here do let me in."
I moved out of the way, and watched so he crawled through the window and into the room. 
"Janna's asleep and if you wake her I'll personally kill you." I warned.
"You would never kill me." He laughed. "But I'm the boy who'd die for you."
I smiled. "Yes, you are." I sat on the edge of my bed. "Now why are you here?" 
"I wanted to see a pretty face." He sat beside me. "Is that a crime."
"Possibly, especially since you should be home waiting on your mum." 
"I told you, El, I'm at my dad's this week. She can't technically ground me til Monday." He explained with a smirk. 
"Oh yeah, your dad who's 6'2", Australian, and terrifying to the bone." I muttered. "So much better."
"But he loves you to death." Rafe defended. 
"True, but-" Before I could finish he kissed me. 
I kissed him back, but pulled away. "Janna is in the other room."
"So." He shrugged and kissed me again. 
Someone cleared their throat. "Uh, hello, excuse me, not to ruin your make out session, but Jerica called and said she'd be home late. And I can't sleep." Janna stood in the doorway with weird expression on her face. 
"You know what the cure for not being sleepy is don't you, Jan." Rafe said, fully sitting up.
She shook her head, sending red curls flying everywhere. 
"A story." He said softly.
"A story!" Janna mimicked excitedly. "Are going to tell me one?"
He patted the spot between us, motioning for her to sit. "Why not." 
She made her way through the room in a blink of an eye, and was on the bed in no time. "Will you tell me about Peter Pan?" She asked in a child like manner. 
He nodded. "Ellie, turn out the main light please, she'll never fall asleep if you don't."
I obliged and flipped the switch then sat back on the bed again.
"Once about a time in a little home in London....." He began softly with a smile.

###############################################
Hey guys, I hope you liked this chapter as much as I did writing it and the ending of course. 
I'm already working on Chapter 13 so it should be out by Saturday. Anyway tell me what you that about this chapter. Did you enjoyed it? 
Bye - Izzy