Chapter 5

Warning: Please do not yell at me after this chapter instead yell at Nilili. Because she told me to hurt my baby boy. Okay continue reading reading now.

I walked into history class, which happened to be the last class before lunch. The only seats available were one in back directly in front of Jerica and the other was next to Magnus. I chose the seat next to him.
He turned to face me as I sit down. "Good morning, Ellie."
"Good morning to you as well, Magnus." I greeted with a warm smile. I didn't blame him for leaving me. Honestly I hardly knew the kid, but he seemed sweet.
He looked at me questionably. "Is that Rafe's jacket?"
I nodded. "Yeah."
What he said next surprised me. "Well it is rather cold outside and seeing as you're only in a t-shirt that was nice of him to let you use his jacket. He said with a kind smile then turned to the teacher.
I smiled back. God bless this kid. I could tell we might be good friends. 
I sat quietly through out class til the bell rang. Before I was even get out of the room, Jerica was in front of me blocking my exit. "You never answered my question. Where were you last nigh?" Jerica asked annoyed. Why is she always annoyed! I'm starting to see what her father meant.
"Figure it out, Jerica." I pushed past her. "Put two and two together." With that I turned on my heels and went to find the lunch area. 

..........

I was sitting outside with Magnus as he showed me some kind of game. It was a triangle with colors and numbers written on the inside. This boy was slowly turning into my best friend.
"Okay 2, 3, 5, or 6?" He asked.
"But that's out of sequence though." I laughed.
He gave me an unamused face. "Okay, okay. Um, 3." 

He counted three times and lifted a tab. "Yes."
There was no answer to what the yes was for, you see, because we were just playing.
"Okay, my turn." I took the paper from him. "Pick a color. Yellow, red, blue, or purple?" 
"Yellow." 
Y-E-L-L-O-W I counted out. "Okay now a number. 2, 7, 3, or 8?"
"That makes less sense then my numbers did." He defended.
"Just pick." I tried to sound bored.
"Okay, fine, 2." 
I pulled up the tab. "No chance."
"Redo that was unfair!" He pouted, causing me to giggle. He bumped my shoulder. "You cheat!" 
I gasp. "Do not!" 
"You totally do!" 
"Hey, Magnus, can I talk to Eleanor a second?" Alex asked, coming up to us.
"Sure." He got up. "I'll be back." 
I nodded, and turned to Alex. "Can I help you?"
"Yeah I wanna know what gives you the right to talk to Jerica like that?" He sounded angry and totally out of character. "Like who the heck do you think you are!"
"She left me and then locked me out." I stated calmly. I didn't want in a fight on my first day.

"You're the one who didn't come home!" His voice rising as he spoke. "You're the s-"
"Don't you dare call me that!" I stood up. "You don't know what went on. Besides I could call you the same seeing as Jerica was at your house." I couldn't believe this was happening. Alex seemed like a good person. "At least I wasn't trying to steal someone from her boyfriend."
He cursed at me. "You don't get to talk like that. And just so you know she's like my sister."
He took a threatening step toward me. "You b-"
I cut him off slapping him hard across the face. "Don't you dare say that about me." I shouted not loud enough to draw a crowd but enough for him to get the message.
"Gosh, and here I thought you were so nice. I guess first impressions don't always count." I started to walk away. 
Rafe came up to me having seen the whole interaction happen. "Ellie," He pulled me into a tight hug. "Oh, Ellie, I'm so sorry." He stroked my hair as I began to cry softly. "I'm gonna kill that redheaded rat." He said through gritted teeth. 
I shook my head. "Don't." I mumbled against his chest. "I'm alright."
We stayed like this a little longer then broke apart. "Come on we have next period together." He took my hand and started to lead me up the stairs. I nodded not really wanting to go to class. I sat between Magnus-who was now mad because Rafe had filled him in-and Rafe, sadly Jerica and Alex were both in this class. 

###################
Not much happened in this chapter and I'm sorry. It's really a filler but it's also not because of her and Alex. Anyway it would be longer but I have a lot to do today. Alright until next time. Happy reading and enjoy the cute gif of the Ellie and Magnus scene. - Izzy