Chapter 16: Here's to Jasper's Little Troublemaker

A/N: There has been slight casting changes, but non major. Phillip was recast so I could use Finn somewhere else. Anyway on with the book.

"Are you sure Janna said Jasper?" I asked for the umpteenth time as we reached home. The boys had stupidly come back with us.

"I'm sure, Ellie, why are you so nervous?" Jerica slipped her key in the lock, opening the back door quietly. 
Janna's voice could be heard saying she didn't know where I was. 
"I heard you were looking for me." I announced, rounding the corner to the living room and froze. Jasper stood there looking right at me or through me rather. 
"Eleanor," Jasper said with a small smile. "Oh, Eleanor, I've missed you." He crossed the room and enveloped me in a hug. "I missed you so much."
I wish I could say I missed him a lot too,  but I can't so instead I say: "It's good to see you, Jasper."
"Can we talk? Privately that is." He pulled away.
"Yeah, sure, follow me." I led him to mine and Jerica's room and shut the door. 
"What are you doing here?" 
"I've come to take you home." Jasper said slowly, taking a step closer to me and gently touching my arm. 
"No, I'm not going back, Jas." I stated, moving away from him. 
"Then I have to stay." He sighed. "The deal was either I bring you home or I stay in London with you." 
"No, Jasper, can't you just go?" I said.  "Have you ticked someone off badly enough that you have to run away to stay alive?" 
"Not without you, Eleanor." He answered.
"Why? Because you want someone to do your dirty work for you?" I demanded. 
"Eleanor, please come home we miss you." But in his eyes I could tell what I'd said was the real reason he came to get me. 
"Do Mum and Dad know you're here. Nevermind it doesn't matter, I can't go back there, Jasper, I'm not that girl anymore." I took a deep breathe. "I can never go back. I won't! I won't go back to being Eleanor Bates the girl who along with Jack stole a car, and kidnapped a mother and her son just so the father would pay you the money he owed. Who went to jail for thief, kidnapping, and attempted murder." I paused. "I held a gun to a six-year-old's head just so you could get paid the money you were owed. The scary thing about it is I did it without even blinking an eye! I've done countless, horrible things for you, but I'm not her now.I'm not your hit-woman anymore. I'm clean and I'm sober now. So I want you to go home, and never come back." I wiped a tear away. "Because if you stay I might go back to her." I finished. 
"Eleanor," Jasper spoke softly. "Ellie, I messed you up bad and I'm sorry, but we can't undo who you are." 
I shook my head. "No you can't, but I can." I said sternly. "Now go, and don't come back." I opened my bedroom door for him to leave. 
"I'm not leaving London, Eleanor." He bent down really close to me, and touched my cheek. "I know you're still in there somewhere." He whispered. "Oh yeah I like the new hair color. Brown looks good on you." With that he was gone. 
I sat there on my bed in silence trying to process what'd happened. I'm not sure how long I'd been there when Jerica knocked. 
"Ellie?" Jerica stepped into the room. "You've been in here for an hour." The ginger sat down next to me.
"I'm sorry I didn't realize it was that late." I looked over at her. "Where's everyone else?"
"Rafe and Magnus went to get ready for the party, and I took Janna to Miss Simmons' house." Jerica got up to search the closet for a dress.
"Oh yeah the party is tonight." I got up to join her.
"You don't have to go, ya know."
"I know, Jer, but I want to." 

.........

The doorbell rang signaling the guys were here.  "I'll get it." Jerica yelled from the kitchen.
"Kay." I yelled back, putting on my heels. I had on a dark blue and black laced dress that stopped mid-thigh and had little sleeve to it.
Looking into the mirror, I frowned. The red of my original hair was starting to show at the roots, meaning I needed to dye it again. Oh well my hair was already curled and sprayed so it'd have to do. 
"Ellie, Rafe and Magnus are here." Jerica stood in the doorway. "You look pretty." 
"So do you." I replied. 
Jerica wore a knee length crimson dress paired with black three inch heels-our shoes matched. Her orange locks pulled into a high ponytail.
"You should see the guys." She laughed as we walked to meet them outside. "They're in nice pants and t-shirts."
"Sounds right." My eyes locked with Rafe's across the driveway.
"You look stunning." He breathes out.
"You don't look so bad yourself, Rafe." We began to make our way to the party.

........

The party was being held at some rich kid's mansion. He goes to our school and I believe his name is Romeo, but I'm not sure. Anyway we'd been here about a hour and honestly it wasn't as fun as the parties back home. 
"Dance with me." Jerica said the minute the guys went to the bathroom, pulling me to my feet and over to the DJ. "Can you play something fun for us?" She asked.
"I've got just the thing, gingerbread." He replied. "Now go have fun."
She led me to the floor where people were dancing. "let's have a little fun." She laughed as the music started.
"Primadonna girl, yeah, all I ever wanted was the world, I can't help but I need it all. The primadonna life, the rise and fall. You say that I'm kinda difficult, But it's always someone else's fault. Got you wrapped around my finger, babe, You can count on me to misbehave." The music started, making us both smile.
"You ready, Marina?" She asked.
"As ready as you are, Diamond." I laughed, grabbing her hand and spinning her around.
She giggled and moved closer. We moved together, getting quite a few looks from other teens-some I knew my boyfriend wouldn't like at all. (You can make this as innocent as you want or not)
Jerica grabbed my hands and we spun together. "Having fun?" She giggled.
I nodded, but looked into the crowd of teenagers. Rafe caught my eye. He had stood against the wall, and looked like he was enjoying watching us dance together earlier. But now he faced another teenage guy. The guy had on ripped skinny jeans, a dark red t-shirt. He looked like he'd jumped off some bad boy poster on some girl's bedroom wall.

"You enjoying the show?" Rafe asked the guy, making me stop dancing and watch. 

"Oh yeah."
 My breath hitched at the guy's voice. It couldn't be him, he was in Tennessee, not London. My mind's playing tricks on me. 
 "Haven't seen someone move like that in  a long time." He smiled.
"Which girl?" Rafe inquired. He looked a little jealous as the other boy's glasses covered eyes landed on me. 
"The pretty brunette one, of course." He laughed, and that was enough to confirm who he was to me. 
"Excuse me, Jer." I broke out in a sprint-which was a little had because I was in heels-headed straight toward the two. They both turned to me and the guy smiled.
I wrapped my arms tightly around him. He picked me up with ease and spun us around. "El." He whispered, setting me down, but still holding on tightly. "I've missed you like crazy, Baby Girl." 
I smiled and looked up at him. "I've missed you so, Jack." I sighed, lying my head back on his shoulder.
"When I heard about the party I knew you'd be here, Baby Girl." He kissed my forehead.
"How are you here?"
"Jas brought Adam and me with him." Jack explained, hugging me impossibly closer.
"Adam's here too?" I asked.
He nodded, but before he could talk Rafe spoke up.
"Um, hello?" Rafe said. "Either of you care to explain?"
To be completely honest I forgot he was here, I forgot anyone was here. I imagine this didn't look very good. 
"We'd like to know too." Magnus motioned between him and Jerica. 
"Umm.." I looked from Jack to my friends and back. "This is Jack, one of my best friends from home." And my partner in crime, but they didn't need to know that....yet. "Jack, this is Jerica and Magnus.'-Gesturing to each as I spoke-"And this is Rafe, my-"
"Her boyfriend." Rafe cut me off with a jealous tone in him voice, which made me smile.
"Well it's nice to meet all of you." Jack said politely. "Do you think I could borrow El for a minute?"

############################
Don't worry Ellie and Rafe will still be together. Jack's more of her brother than lover. 
The whole next chapter will be a flashback leading to Ellie getting thrown into jail.
The song in this chapter is one of my favorites, but for those you don't know it's Primadonna by Marina and the Diamonds, of course. 
Hope you liked it. - Izzy