Chapter 15: Don't Tell Mum and Dad

All I wanted to do was go to sleep, but the minute I enter the house Jerica is there. 
"Where have you been?" She asked concerned. 
"I had dinner with Rafe and his parents." I sighed and flopped onto the couch. 
"Oh, and how'd it go?" She took a seat beside me. 
"How'd what go?" Janna mimicked, skipping out of the kitchen.

"Terrible." I mumbled. "His mother hates me and we got into a small fight afterwards. I'm pretty sure his dad still likes me." 
"I'm sorry, Ellie, but if you think about it Leo makes all of Rafe's parental decisions so your all good if he still likes you." Jerica assured me. 
"I always miss everything when I'm in the kitchen!" Janna pouted and crossed her arms. 
"I'm sorry, munchkin." I ruffled her hair. 
Janna sat down in between us and laid her head on my shoulder. "What's on the telle?"
"I don't know." Jerica switched on the set and began flipping through channels. 
"What's this?" She stopped on a movie channel. A red haired girl sat in a police station trying to tell her father nothing happened between her and a guy. 
I gasp. "This is Riding in Cars with Boys." I loved that movie.
"It's what?" Jerica repeated. "What's that?"
"You've never seen this?" I questioned astonished. 
She shook her head. 
"Okay, what about Juno?" 
"The capital?" 
"Ugh! How about Breakfast Club? You have to have seen that."
"Never." 
"Seriously?" Did these people live under a rock? "Okay, let me think. Heathers, have you seen Heathers? Or Pretty in Pink?" I asked, praying she'd say yes to one of them.
Jerica gave me a confused look. "Nope." 
"Okay, you need educated." I took the remote from her. "We're watching this." I filled her in on what had happened so far. 
"But Janna-" The redhead started.
"Hey, Jan," I looked down at her. "You wanna watch a ton of movies your parents probably wouldn't want you to watch?" 
She nodded quickly, sending red strands everywhere. 
"But you can't tell anyone you watched them, got it."
"Got it." 
We stayed up until at least four in the morning watching movies. 

..........

The next day we met the guys at the train station. Climbing up the ladder, voices could be heard, but more than just Magnus and Rafe it seemed. "Was anyone else supposed to be here?" I asked the ginger beside me. 
"Not that I know of, but maybe Alex and his girlfriend are here." She replied. 
I frowned. Alex and Mack weren't my favorite people in the world. 
The door to the old station is already open and four bodies are scattered around the room. Rafe sat with his back to the wall, looking lost in thought. Magnus laid on the dusty floor talking to Alex about something, and beside Alex was the brunette from my childhood horror stories. 
"Hey, guys." Jerica sat down next to Magnus and kissed his cheek. 
"Hi, beautiful." Magnus smiled at her. "Hey, Ellie!" He waved excitedly at me. 
"Hello, Mag." I smiled. "How's it going?" 
"Goin' good, but I'm not sure he is." Magnus pointed at Rafe. "He's been staring to space for like five minutes straight." He sighed. "Barely even said hello to any of us." 
I looked hard at Rafe trying to figure out what was going on in his head. "Hey, Rafe," I gingerly placed a hand on his shoulder. "Rafe, look at me." I spoke as calmly as I could. He was acting strange. The boy who never shut up wasn't even smiling. 
He didn't move a muscle. 
"Rafe, honey, what's wrong?" I tried again, this time moving in front of him. "Rafe!" 
His eyes moved, but still he said nothing.
"Rafe, are you okay?" Jerica spoke up. "You're kinda scaring me.
Rafe stood up abruptly and stormed out of the room.  
"What was that-" Alex started. 
I cut him. "I don't know, but I'm going to find out." With that I left.
I found Rafe sitting on the tracks, rolling a rock around in his right hand. "Rafe." I sat beside him. "What's the matter." 
"You went to jail for kidnapping and robbing. The only reason you're not still in bloody jail is because you were a good girl, and got bailed out." He didn't look at me as he talked and I had a feeling he wasn't going to. "Am I wrong, Eleanor?"
"No, no you're not wrong." I sighed. "That is why I went to jail, but it's not the whole story." I explained, looking out at the forest before us. "No one knows the true story."
"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, still keeping his eyes on the forest. 
"I was going to, I promise, I was, but just not right now." I felt weak like as if I was about it cry. "I asked if you trust me to tell you when I was ready, and you said you would. But no you could wait could you so you what? You googled me? Asked Mackenzie about it?" I half demanded. 
"I looked it up, Ellie. I just wanted to know. I'm sorry." He finally looked at me and as he did I could see tears brimming his eyes. "Tell me the actual story then." He paused. "Tell what what really happened on April 3." 
"I was heartbroken and confused. I'd just seen someone I loved die. They died right directly in front of me and because of it I went a little crazy. I even had an addiction probably." I told him. "It was late one night and I was on my way home from hanging out with Jasper when a person jumped me from behind....." I told him the whole story not leaving out a detail. Told him about my friend Adam-who's the only person from the US that I actually miss-used the money he was saving to buy some science fiction thing to bail me out of jail after six months.
"Ellie." Was all he said for a moment. "I'm sorry, I thought the worst of you." He wiped a fallen tear from my cheek. "I should have known better." He leaned forward and kissed my forehead.
"Let's go join the other." I suggested. 
Rafe shook his head and pulled me to his chest. "Nah, not just yet." He chuckled.
And just when everything seemed great and nothing could go wrong it did. 
"Ellie!" Jerica ran up to us. "Ellie, Janna just called saying that someone showed up at the house to see you. Says his name's Jasper." She rushed out, gasping for breath afterwards. 
Noway Jasper can't be here, can he?

##########################################
If you haven't seen some of the movies she named, (What's wrong with ya?), you need to.
That may or may not be the truth Ellie told Rafe, but you'll see.
Are you excited Jasper is coming to town??? I am.
This is not the only time you will hear of her friend Adam so don't forget about him just yet. 
                                                  Bye <3 - Izzy