Chapter 18: I'll Do What I have To Do

*Mack's POV* (Again :))

Jack called me at an ungodly time last night to go over a few more details he'd thought of. Honestly some of them are scary to think about. But oh well I'll do whatever I have to, to make sure Ellie doesn't take that vile.
Someone tapped me on the shoulder. "Ya ready, Mack?" Jack asked. He seemed slightly shaken, but I completely understand. 
I nodded, "As ready as I'll ever be." 
He smiled and ran off to find Adam, while I turned and came face to face with Grace Tyler. 
"Listen, Mackenzie, I know what you said was just in a fit of emotion, so I forgive you." Grace stated with a forced smile. "But I really do need your help on this plan." 
"Of course, I just wasn't myself last night. I'll totally help you hurt El." I agreed with a more false smile than hers. 
With that she strutted off down the hall.
"Alex!" I called out as the redhead past my locker. "Alex, we need to talk." All apart of the plan.
"What is it, love?" He pulled me aside into a empty hall.
"I know she's not your favorite person, but Ellie is in trouble and we need your help." 
"Of course," He nodded. "What do you need?"

.........
*Ellie's POV*

"So I was thinking," Rafe began. "What if tonight we take Janna and her friend Chachi to get ice cream?"
I smiled and continued to look for my books that had settled to the bottom of my locker. "You mean for our anniversary?" I asked. Today marked six months since we started dating or met I'm not quite sure. 
"Yeah, I mean it's just a thought." Rafe shrugged.
Finally finding my books, I stood up. "I like that idea very much." I kissed him quickly as the bell rang.
"Let's go to class." Rafe laughed. "We can do that later."
I opened my mouth to speak, but Alex ran up out of breath. 
"Rafe, buddy, we need to talk, like right now." Alex rushed out, pulling Rafe along as he ran off again. 
I shrugged and went to class. 
"Hey, Ellie," Magnus fell in line beside me. 
"Hi, Mag." I replied as Jerica came to stand on the other side. 
"Hello, guys." The ginger smiled brightly at us. "How's our day going?"

......

The bell rang signaling lunch. 
"Okay, class, remember assignments are due Tuesday."
"I hate assignments, and I only got here today so it's unfair." 
I turned to find Adam. "Adam!" I squealed and hugged him. 
"Eleanor!" He pulled away and smiled. "Meet me for lunch?" He suggested. 
"Sure, where?" 
"How about the picnic tables outside?" Adam headed toward the door as I nodded in agreement. "See you in a little bit." He waved and left.
I collected my stuff and went to buy lunch. 
"Baby girl!" Jack came running up. "You haven't talked to Adam have you?" He sounded concerned. 
"Yeah, I'm meeting him for lunch, why?" I paid the lunch lady, but never took my eyes off my brunette friend. 
"You can't." Jack sighed. "Stay with me instead." 
I laughed. "Don't be silly, Jackie, don't sound so worried. It's just Adam." I took my tray, walking away from him and to the outside doors.  
It took a minute to find Adam due to the fact he was almost completely out of sight. 
He stood leaning over a picnic table. He was looking at something, but I wasn't sure what.