Chapter 2

"So you must have really ticked my dad off." Jerica observed once we were a safe distance from the house.
"Yeah I'm the devil as far as he's concerned." I replied with a laugh.
"Oh well, join the club." She shrugged. "Dad doesn't like me much either, but he loves the twins." She turned left toward the woods. "He couldn't believe I had red hair, accused Mom of all kinds of thing, but then when the twins were born with red hair he accepted it. Figured it was some recessive gene that came from our great-grandparents or some crap like that."
I smiled. "Parents are weird."
"Tell me about it." She agreed.
"Where are we going?" I asked seeing as we'd been walking around the forest for atleast ten minutes. "Are you taking me somewhere to kill me?" I joked.
"Kill you?" A voice echoed from behind us. "No killing allowed around here, shorty." Someone laughed.
"Alex." Jerica breathed. "Alex, come out and stop scaring the poor girl."
I laughed at her remark as a short red almost brown headed boy came out of the woods. "My brother is literally Norman Bates nothing scares me." I said with another laugh.
"Alex this-" He cur her off. "Alex Russo nice to meet ya." He stuck out a hand.
"Eleanor Bates." I shook his hand.
"So nothing scares you?" Alex questioned as we continued to walk.
"Well practically nothing." I admit, making him smirk. "What?'
"Nothing you just sound like someone else I know." He glances behind me and continued walking.
What's he mean by that? Oh well. "So are we just roaming the woods, or..." I trailed off, staring up at an old suspended railroad station bridge. An old rickety ladder hung loosely to its side. I watched as Jerica walked over and seized the ladder, putting one foot on the bottom rung.
"You've got to be kidding me." I rush out my British accent very noticeable.
"Don't worry, Ellie, we do this all the time." Alex assured me with a smile.
I looked back to see Jerica halfway up the ladder. "Don't worry I'll catch you if you fall." Alex assured me again. I nod, making my way to the ladder.
I start to climb, one foot after the other, until I'm halfway up. I glance down, which is the wrong thing to be because I quite a ways from the ground. Alex shoots me a tombs up. "You're fine."
I smile and continue up the rickety ladder. Reaching the top, I quickly stand up only to collide with another body, almost sending me backwards. Arms wrap themselves tightly around me. "You're alright." An unfamiliar Australian voice whispers. "I got you."
I pull away from them, gaining my balance again. "Thanks." I look up to find a curly brunette boy. An attractive one at that, but he seemed to have an air around him the screamed jerk or rule breaker.
"Just watch where you're going next time, British girl." He said and turned away, walking toward the old station.
"You okay, Ellie?" Jerica asked once I enter the station. It was a small place that looked like it hadn't been used in thirty. The only light was that of the broken windows. A large booth sat in the corner with a door behind it leading more then likely to the back room. There were seats scattered around the room as well. Jerica, Alex, and the boy who caught me earlier sat in occupied three of them by the back wall.
"Ellie?" Jerica tried again, this time gaining my attention.
"Huh?"
"I asked if you were okay. Rafe told us that you two collided, and you almost fell." She explained, flipping a stray piece of hair.
"I'm fine. Just slipped that's all." I sat down next to her. We talked for awhile about nothing really. They asked me questions about where I came from and my family. I'd tell them to my best ability then ask them something. This carried on for roughly ten minutes before Rafe spoke up. "Okay so the sun's about to set what are we doing tonight?" He spoke almost impatiently. It was really the first time he'd spoken since I sat down.
"Mr. Whitticer's out of town." Alex suggested. "He's got a rich, big house to hang at with no security cameras."
"Yeah and it's only like ten minutes from here." Jerica added, seeming to like this idea.
"Fine, but is she coming?" Rafe jerked his head toward me.
Jerica nodded. "My father thinks she's the devil. He said she made me look like an angel. She's coming."
"But-" She cut him off. "No buts, Rafe!"
He soon realized she wasn't going to be talked down and looked away. "Fine, she stays, but I need to talk to her first."
Alex started to protest, but Rafe stopped him. "Do you want her to come, or not?"
Jer got the message and slowly stood, taking Alex with her as she stepped out the door and disappeared.
I took a deep breathe almost scared to see what comes next. They were breaking into a guy's house, and Rafe seemed to be the leader so God only knows what he's capable of. He took a couple steps toward me until he was directly in front of me. "Eleanor, right?" He asked. I nod.
"Well, Eleanor, I'm Rafe short for Raphael maybe we can call you Ellie short for Eleanor?" He didn't really ask more like stated.
I laughed. "That's what they been calling me for the past thirty minutes." A smirk found it's way to my lips as I took a step forward. "Are you deaf, Rafe? Or just dumb?"
A look of shock temporally pasted his face before a smug smile covered it. "Watch it, British girl, you don't want to cross me." He warned.
"No maybe you don't want to cross me, Raphael." We were almost touching by how close we were.

"Well that sounds like a challenge." He said sarcastically. He then went to the door. "By the way, Miss Bates, I'm your local bad boy." He slipped out the door.
What was that? Is he trying to scare me? Intimidate me? What was the purpose in that exchange? I sigh and follow after him just in time to see him flip off the side of the bridge. Walking to where he once stood, I spot Jerica. "How do we get down?" I asked curiously.
"We jump." She laughed. I look to to see Alex and Rafe standing there. I wanted to knock the smug smirk off Rafe's face so bad.
"Don't worry it's safe." She commented. "We've done it tons." With that said she jumped down.
I watched as she landed safely in Alex's arms and smiled back up at me. "Come on!" She yelled.
"Yeah don't worry I'll catch you, British girl!" Rafe called up clearly amused.
I sighed, looking down. There was about fifty-two ways I could die from jumping at this height, but on the plus side Jer made in. Shrugging, I step one foot off and jump. I shut my eyes tightly
This is how I die. On a clear night at almost dawn surrounded by people I just met, in a new place with no one I love around. Never getting to call Jasper and tell him about what's happening, or hearing my parents talk. The only sound the whistle of wind around me.