Chapter Eight

I end up at a slight knee watching David fixing a small fire.

"You know," He says rubbing his hands together,  "You shouldn't be out here on your own."

"Don't like company. " I say still with my finger on the trigger of the rifle, I had a bad feeling about David.

" I see, what's your name?"

"Why." I respond quicker than he expected.

"I know it's not easy to trust strangers." He says, I shiver even with the maroon hoodie and my brothers jacket around me.

"Who ever is hurt...you must care about them."

I pause thinking about Carl.

"it will be alright."

"We will see."

Then the sound of jaws snapping together alarms us. I stand up holding the rifle.

"Infected" David says.

A clicker rushes into the room then stops waiting for a sound. I step back as my shoe slides against the frosty concrete.

The clicker charges for me as a bullet tears through its side then skull. David had another gun and he saved me.

"You had another gun?" I turn to him.

"Sorry," He says holding the pistol up. The gunshot caused more attention to Clickers and normal walkers, "I would like my rifle back."

"No, you have the pistol."

"I hope you know how to use that thing."

"Of course I do." I lift up the rifle looking at the window. Walkers slowly limped towards the window falling over the seal. I shoot the one that fell in the head as I reload.

Then a human looking one with yellow eyes takes out running with clickers. I back up as I turn seeing David struggling with a clicker. I aim the rifle letting the bullet fly into the clickers fungi covered skull.  

It falls twitching on the ground as the pool of blood grows. I feel a hand around my throat as I feel breath next to me neck. I slam my elbow into its eye as I turn hitting it with the gun. I charge it pushing it back over the window seal. 

"Help me move this!" David yells at me as he pushes a green container in front of the broken window. I run pushing it with my back as A hand grabs me. I scream as David just straight up punches it in the face.

"Follow me!" He says pushing open a door, we run through a wooden bridge part that lead to more of a large scale garage. 

"Do you know were you are going?!" I say breathing hard.

"Nope.." He says running. I follow him. The large spaced area was like a generator room,  there was a top level and a bottom level.

We find a ladder as I let them go first the ladder bangs against the metal alerting the walkers and clickers in the area.

"Run!" I yell at him as two rush at him up top. I back up ready to find another way around.

I keep quiet not knowing what was around each corner. I kneel next to a wall listening hard. There were. few clicks. I get up pulling my bow and putting my rifle in its place.

A clicker steps out inches away from me, I quickly send two arrows into its chest killing it.

I push my bow back to side with the rifle on my bag. I crouch down moving slowly. One of the walkers step directly in front of me. I back up jumping a little.

I then charge it stabbing the blade of my pocket knife into its eye. I rip it out then push the walker down.

I step on its skull before I hear David's voice above me.

"Give me your hand." I look up to see his arm extended out.  I grab it as he pulls me up slowly.

I push myself off the ground as we take off running for the wooden steps leading up. I turn catching a glimpse of Walkers and Clickers charging for us.

We dash up the steps opening the metal doors. David pushes a shelf in front of the doors as we back up.

"Holy shit, that was close." I say trying to catch my breath.