Chapter Ten

My eyes flutter then shoot open at the sound of voices, then I hear a voice. I stand up climbing on the ruined washing machine. I peek out of the small rectangle window.

There were David's men were everywhere.

I quickly yanking my bag of weapons on my shoulder.

"Ill be back." I say looking at Carl one last time before running to the first floor and out the back door.

They haven't found the horse yet so I get on it and slowly walk it out from the back yard.

"Is that her!" The group of men turn at me as I quickly jump on the horse as it gallops away.

They all shot for blood as I charge past them. One grabs my leg as I stab him in the eye. He rolls off in the snow while I keep my balance.

"David wants her alive! " One guy says.

"Fuck David! " He responds shooting at me. The last shot strikes the horse in the head.

I jump off sliding down a hill, sliding turns into roll and rolling turns into hitting the frozen grass.

I get up seeing the horse following but dead. It's body just sliding.

"She fell down there!"

I rush to my feet.

"Fuck!" I run to a shed made from wood, I close the door slowly looking through the cracked door.

Sun light pours through the small area as it is cut off by a body. I hold my breath grabbing the handle of a hatch.

The handle slides open as I ready myself. As the door opens and I swing for the head.

The man ducks grabbing his gun. I chop his hand clean off. Shocked I look up as he has a horrifying look on his face. He lets out a shriek before running for the hill.

I throw the hatchet and barley hit hin in the leg. I rip it out making hin suffer.

I twist the hatchet in my hand as I back away leaving him with two open wounds.

I run into the small one floor yellow house. The voices got closer as I crouch below the window.

I hear the wood of the porch squeak and my heart throbs. I lift up quickly stabbing the guy with the end of the hatchet. I snatch it out and move positions.

I brace myself before dashing out the side door toward what look like a shack.

I hold the blood dripping hatchet while posted against the wall.

I turn heading for the abandon restoom, this looked like a small fair or something.

I run for a lodge pushing open the door as a rush of air hits me. I shut the door behind me breathing hard.

I walk slowly pulling the rifle walking. A man jumps from behind the couch as I hit him with the end of the rifle.

He gets up grabbing me from behind choking me. I scream dropping the rifle pulling a pocket knife.

I bite his arm and stab him in the eye. He falls over as I grab the hatchet from the left side of my bag.

I slam it into his chest, pull it out and run away from his bleeding body.

The lodge had a clean feeling to it, untouched almost. The walls perfectly in shape, the floors polished, with a hint of blood.

I walk to the end heart racing as I go to push open the frosted door. I push my shoulder into the glass. I notice a crate pushed against it.

I kick it open, soon as my foot touches the wood, im lifted into the

air. I scream as I fall back first.

"Im trying to keep you alive." David says as my vision fades to black.