Chapter Fifteen

Then where was my uncle, this is Woodbury. Then it hit me..the prison.

I needed to get to Carl quick.

Carl Pov-

I make it to the barricaded town unnoticed. Everybody seemed to be gone.

I open the door to the butchery to be greeted by a foul smell. Human limbs pilled against the wall.

Torsos hanging from the roof. Kayla's bag.....

The reality set in it felt like a rock was dropped on my chest. She could be any of these corpses.

I fall against the hall trying to calm myself at the sight. I regain my state of confidence that she is still alive.

I grab her bag hanging onto hope as I walk out the butcher. Men with assault rifles charge across the pavement to the barbwire gate.

I follow keeping my distance. They duck under the fence shortly I do the same following the men threw the woods to a river.

They trudge across the river running off to the other side. I do the same losing sight of them. But what I do find is a bunch of roaming walkers in the area.

Kayla's Pov-

I look down seeing two men trying to climb the rock.

"Go away!" I scream down at them. It only motivatied them more. Both of them failed and pulled the guns.

My eyes widen as I back from the edge. A shot was fired at me but it missed.

Walkers caught the sound and stumbled their way to the area.

A walker comes behind a man taking out his shoulder with a bite. The other one struggled and let out a scream before he is bit.

My heart races as the walkers pile together at the bottom. I turn looking at the road behind me then back down thinking about Carl.

Carl's Pov-

A gunshot sounds that catches my attention. Walkers that were around the area follow the sound.

I slowly walk behind them stabbing the ones that turn to me.

Then a scream rang out as I quicken my pace. The source was clear now.

The two men I was follow.

Kayla's Pov-

I look over the edge and see Carl's hat then his face then the rest of him.

"Carl!" I yell as he looks up. The walkers feed on the two corpses below and ignore us.

I quickly climb down the side and almost break my legs.

"Kayla!" He says hugging me. I let him embrace me as tears fill my eyes.

"Carl..listen."I say pulling away from the hug taking my bag.

"This is Woodbury."

"Huh?" His face puzzled.

"This is it Carl.. my last stop, our last stop together.

"Kayla" He says, "you don't have to do this."

"It's too late Carl.. When the Governor gets back its over."

"He isn't here?" Carl says.

"Nope." David's voice sounds from behind me. I turn looking at him, blood dripping from his cuts, mud all over his face.

"The Governor isn't here because" His face sly.

"He is at the prison.. getting everyone a better place."

I look at Carl who was confused like I was.

"Game over" David says as he raises his gun. Before he fires a shot, Carl let's a bullet go into his chest.

The walkers now focus on us leaving the corpse.

"Cmon we gotta get back to the prison." Carl says running from the walkers that stumble and trip at us.

I follow behind him quickly.