August 26th, 2020

Nao was sound asleep on the couch in his living room. Iki was passed out on top of him. It was five in the morning, which was usually the time Nao got up for school. His alarm on his phone suddenly went off, causing him to groan and hug Iki like a teddy bear.

She snapped awake, her cheeks immediately reddening. "I shouldn't be here!"

"Shut up and lay back down."

Iki relaxed and smiled slightly, closing her eyes again. "I don't wanna go to school."

"Then let's skip it. I do it all the time."

"Skip? We're gonna skip school?"

"Yup."

"O-Okay!"

He turned his alarm off and hugged Iki again, staring at her. She hid her face and closed her eyes again. He ran his hands through her hair, then yawned. "You're beautiful."

She clearly had no idea how to respond. Her mouth kept opening, but nothing came out.

He giggled at her. "'Mia bella,'" he mocked Rai. Iki laughed.

Aya arrived at school, still in a sling. Makeup covered her bruises and scars as usual, and her expression was full of anger. Her eyes were darting around. She saw Itsumi talking to a boy, who was a second year by immediate sight. His hair was raven black, flipped over the top of his eyebrows. His eyes were green, full of anger, and focused on Itsumi's stomach. Itsumi, of course, didn't notice this. She was still happily talking to him about student council.

Footsteps approached Aya, causing her to relax. She turned to face Kurou. Her fists were already clenched.

Kurou smiled at her. "Morning, Aya. Why'd you leave last night?"

Aya was silent, her jaw clenched.

"Answer my question."

She punched him in the jaw as hard as she could, causing him to collapse and fall onto his butt. Aya's face was red in anger as she leaned down and punched him again. She got extremely sidetracked and continued to punch him until she had no idea what she was doing. She could hear people yelling at her, but ignored it.

Itsumi's eyes were huge. "Kodai-san, make them stop!"

Kodai was smirking slightly, but nobody noticed. All of the attention was on Kurou and Aya.

Aya punched Kurou one last time as hard as she could, making him black out. His face was bruised all over and redder than a cherry. Aya was breathing heavily as she stood up on shaking legs.

Mashiro was standing closest to them. He started clapping slowly, no emotion in his face. Aya didn't even look at him as she walked away. The other students looked confused.

"Dumbass," Mashiro muttered to himself, then left to go to class.

Aya slipped her sweater on and left the school. She didn't want to get in trouble- or just preferred not to. She went to the coffee shop and practically stayed there for the whole day.

By the time it was evening, Nao woke up again. Iki was watching TV, her hair messy and her eyes tired. Nao yawned and stretched his limbs out, then sat up. "Good mor-... After noon?"

"I have no idea," Iki replied.

Nao smiled shyly at her. "I'm gonna make some coffee." He stood up and walked into the kitchen. Iki ran after him. He flicked the coffee pot on, then grabbed two cups.

A knock came to Mashiro's door. Mashiro cracked it open. There were several bolts and locks on his door, as if he was nervous that someone was out to get him. He lived alone, since he didn't get along with his parents. Kurou was standing outside, looking pissed.