August 30th, 2020 (Part Three)

Mashiro's neck was red and had a nasty rash from the rope around it. He was wheezing and blood was dripping down his forehead. Kodai sat in front of him, backwards in a chair. He was staring Mashiro down, a knife in his hand.

"D...Don't hurt Aya-san," Mashiro choked out.

Kodai smiled. "Not everything is a promise here, Mashiro."

Mashiro thrashed around in the chains. "But you did promise!!! She was one of my five people!!! And when you join this group, you get five people that get to be protected!!!"

Kodai just sighed.

Mashiro stared at him, tears starting to fall out of his eyes. "I love her."

Kodai chuckled.

"I don't think you'll be needing to worry about Aya-san anymore."
Kurou walked into the room, a gun in his back pocket. Blood splattered his shirt.

Mashiro started to scream. "What did you do to her?! What did you do to Aya?!"

"I did what she deserved," Kurou hissed. He started to crack up.

While Kurou laughed, Mashiro bawled. "No!!! You didn't!!! Did you kill her?!"

Kurou just kept laughing. Kodai was staring at them with a slight smirk. He let Mashiro out of his chains. "Fight him."

Mashiro's eyes were on fire. He jumped onto Kurou, tackling him to the ground. He grabbed him by his hair and slammed his face into the floor repeatedly. Blood stained the floor after a few blows. Mashiro just kept sobbing and smashing Kurou's face into the floor. After a while, he got off of him. Kurou was unconscious.

Kodai smiled creepily. "That was nice. I'd love to see it again."

Mashiro stared at him, tears rolling down his cheeks. "I'm done. You can kill me if you want, but I quit. I'm not being in your dumbass group anymore."

"So you're willing to die?" Kodai asked, his voice low.

Mashiro stared at his feet. "The only person I loved is dead."

Kodai yawned. "Cool. I'll give you a day to live, mate, and then I'll send someone to kill you." He left the room. Mashiro limped outside, blinded by the sun's rays. The door to Aya's house was creaked open.

"Aya..." Mashiro whimpered, hobbling up the stairs and entering her house.

"Wah!"

As soon as he got inside, someone fell off the couch. It was a petite girl, with a tiny frame but a tough look to her. Her hair was in purple pigtails, and her eyes were brown. "Jesus Christmas! You scared the crap out of me! Are you part of that Satan group? That Kurou guy tried to kill your lady friend. She's cute, but I'm assuming you're straight. I'm a lesbian." She smiled.

Aya was on the couch, a bandage carefully wrapped around her neck. There were bloody tools on the table. She was breathing steadily, and her face was whiter than ever.

"Aya!" Mashiro wailed, falling besides her and hugging her.

The girl stared at him. "Mashiro, right?" she asked.

He didn't answer her. He rubbed Aya's cheek with his thumb.

The girl sighed and propped herself up on her elbows. "The bullet's out and I stopped the blood, so I'm guessing she should be fine. The name's Momo." She saluted him. "See you sometime!" She cartwheeled out of the room.

Mashiro picked Aya up softly, ignoring Momo. He walked to the front door, but stopped in the doorway. "I don't know who I am anymore." He left with Aya in his arms.