Chapter Two | Historical Party

After a while of talking with Bonnie, Laura decides to find her Aunt Jenna who is at the Lockwood mansion for the Historical Society's Tea Party.

As she walks in, she sees light reddish brown hair bouncing as the person laughs. Laura walks up to her Aunt. Jenna turns around and gasps, wrapping her arms around the brunette. "Jenna!".

"Laura, when did you get here?". "This morning, sorry for not telling you but I wanted to come back".

Jenna smiles "No no its fine, I'm just happy you are here. Do you want me to introduce you to some people". "Sure" Laura says with a grin, looking around at people.

Jenna leads her over to a raven haired guy with a woman. "Damon, Andie this is my Elena and Jeremy older sister plus my niece, Laura. Laura this is Damon Salvatore and Andie Star".

Damon looks her up and down with a smirk while the woman with him grins at the girl. Jenna then leaves her to chat with someone else.

"Andie, could you get me a drink" She nods, heading over to find a drink for him. "I didn't know Elena had a sister?".

"Yeah...probably because I have mainly neglected them and focused on work".

"Harsh" His eyes look over to two people talking "Come with me". He takes her hand and they stroll over to Elijah and Carol Lockwood.

"Damon" Carol greets before he eyes flutter to the brunette. "Laura, my god we haven't seen you since you graduated".

She turns to the handsome man beside her who appears to be interested. "Laura won Miss Mystic Falls when she was last here".

The man nods, looking back at her, admiring her familiar features but not letting out any sort of emotion yet Damon sees Elijah gaze at the brunette. "Elijah, I want you to meet Damon Salvatore and Laura Gilbert . Their families are part of Mystic Falls' founding families". He nods at Damon and the girl.

"Such a pleasure to meet you" Damon says to the Original vampire but his focus in on the eldest Gilbert. "No. Pleasure's mine". Laura stares back awkwardly at the Original who is staring at her making her feel weird. She manages a smile causing him to stop staring.

They continue to talking whilst Laura notices her Uncle talking with some guy. "Uncle John".

He looks at her, surprised "Aren't you meant to be studying in the city?".

"Nice to see you too".

"Hey I'm Alaric, Jenna's um friend, she told me about you".

Uncle John frowns at Laura because he wanted her to stay out of Mystic Falls so she wouldn't have to deal with the supernatural. He seems like a jerk but all he wants is to keep Laura, Elena and Jeremy out of danger.

After an awkward silence, her phone beeps.

Hey do you want to come over, Caroline and I are doing something and we might need help, bring Jeremy as well - Bonnie

Sure, I will be there soon - Laura

"Bye Uncle John, Alaric"

-

"How does this work?" Jeremy ask Bonnie when we stand in Caroline's lounge room."Um, I'll put him in a trance and ask him questions. It's like hypnosis""You sure you're strong enough for this?". Bonnie nods and motions to the candles. "That's what the candles are for. I'll draw power from the flames"

"I'll get the matches" Caroline starts to walk out but Bonnie stops her. "I got it".  She shuts her eyes and the candles light up causing all of them to smile at the witch.

"Never gonna get used to that"

"Oh, come on. That's pretty hot, and you know it" Caroline says to Jeremy, teasing him. Jeremy smiles making Laura a little uncomfortable."I need a bowl of water""Yeah, yeah. We will go get it" Laura say, pulling Jeremy out of the room, walking to find a bowl to fill with water. "You like Bonnie?" She questions with a smirk.

He looks at her, smiling shyly answering the question with his shyness. "Does Elena know?"

"Nope and you are not telling her".

"Aw Jer thats adorable" He rolls his eyes, filling a bowl with water and walking back into the room.

Caroline giggles once Laura stand beside her "Its quite obvious". The brunette nods, grinning at the two who are smiling at each other.  "And adorable" She adds.

The boy on the ground moves "Looks like he's waking up".

"How long is this gonna take?" Caroline looks at Bonnie who is trying to get answer from the boy, Luka."I don't know. He's fighting me"

Luka is thrashing his head around, fighting off the spell. Bonnie has her hands placed firmly on his head. "Please stop. Please".

Bonnie closes her eyes causing Luka to close his, successfully putting him in a trance.

After a while of him fighting against the spell and trying to have questions answered. The one thing, he says that catches both of the Gilbert's attention.

"Yes. Elena has to die".

Bonnie looks up at the youngest and eldest Gilbert siblings. Jeremy shakes his head and they both firmly say "No".

-

Caroline and Laura clean up the candles while Bonnie is talking with Jeremy in the hallway.

"Are you okay?" The blonde asks Laura. "Yeah, I just thought coming back would be simple and not filled with vampires and sacrifices".

"Don't forget werewolves and witches" Caroline says with a smile, trying to lighten the mood. They both look at each other and erupt into laughter before Caroline stops focusing on something causing her to smirk.

"What is it?" Laura asks with a quirked eyebrow.

"Jeremy and Bonnie are making out". The two girls tiptoe to the hallway to see them kissing. "This is weird" The brunette whispers, a bit too loudly since Jeremy and Bonnie pull apart from the kiss.

"Okay...ready to go?" Laura says to Jeremy as he smiles at her and Caroline. He nods, still in a dreamy mood from kissing Bonnie.