Chapter Thirty | Our Love

Laura stares at her sister as the doppelgänger lays on a hospital bed, asleep.

"She's gonna be fine. She got a little banged up today, hit her head, but it was just a slight concussion, nothing to worry about".

"But she collapsed, there was blood".

"Honestly, she's okay. She's just, she's been through a lot. Is there anyone you want to call?". Jeremy looks at his sister, sighing before dialling Damon's number. When Damon answers, he puts it on speaker.

"You did what?".

"We took her to the hospital. When you find your sister unconscious, you call 911".

"Not when you have a parade of vampires at your disposal!".

"So we should call you, a reckless, blood draining vampire?" Laura adds in.

"Yes!".

"Every remaining Original is gonna want Elena dead to stop Alaric. She's a sitting duck in there".

"Well Meredith wants to keep her here for observation".

"Get Elena home, we're on our way".

The two Gilberts sign their sister out of the hospital, taking her home where their friends are meeting them.

"Couch" Caroline orders when they walk into the house, Laura is holding Elena, in case she falls.

"I'm fine. I just, I want something to eat first".

"We're on it, as soon as we make sure no one is lurking in the closets". Tyler and Matt go upstairs, knowing Jeremy is picking up some food. The blonde vampire and the human brunette help the doppelgänger to the couch "All right, couch now!".

"Uhh, I told you I'm fine".

"No you aren't, Elena" Laura says as Caroline picks up a blanket, handing it to Elena.

"Doctor says rest, you rest". The doppelgänger sits down "Now what can I get you? Do you want some tea, maybe some vodka? Both will help you sleep". Elena looks at Caroline, making her sit down next to her "I know, I'm being smothering. It's what I do".

"No it's nice".

"I'm thinking, maybe tea with vodka". The blonde walks away to the kitchen leaving the two sister. The eldest notices the other looking at an old photo of their parents and Elena.

"They are looking over us, I know it" Laura says, squeezing her sisters hand in comfort.

"I love you Laura. Bonnie said something about Elijah yesterday, I thought about it. I don't know if you and Elijah are the best pair, since he is an Original and has threatened us many times".

"I know" The eldest Gilbert sits down beside her, letting out a sigh. Caroline and Tyler receive phone calls from their moms, leaving to go and help them while Matt, Laura and Elena stay at the house.

"Where is everyone?" The doppelgänger says sleepily, waking up from her nap.

"Tyler and Caroline got a call from their moms. What were you dreaming about?" Matt replies.

"Sophomore year".

"Seems like forever ago".

"It was. I'm sorry that I strung you along. I should have figured out what I wanted and just been honest about it. I'm now making the same mistakes with Stefan and Damon. It's not right what I'm doing to them either, I have to let one of them go". Laura smiles at her sister for apologising to Matt.