Chapter Twenty Four | Doctor & Defend

Laura smiles at the woman that just passed them when the lady had finished talking with Alaric. Damon had asked the Gilbert if she wanted to come along to the Grill and she had said yes.

They both walk up to the bar, taking a seat and Ric nods at them. The raven haired man looks at the woman that had gone past "Who's that?".

"My doctor".

"She's a doctor?",

"Mmhm"

"What's the damage?".

"No damage",

"Come on, Ric, a fact of life. A girl that hot, that smart...damage".

"Excuse me? Can't a girl just be hot and smart?" Laura says, scoffing at Damon.

"Well I'm looking for red flags. Her ex called her a psycho case the other day".

"Yeah, but it comes from her ex, doesn't count".

"Yeah I guess you're right". The Salvatore picks a notebook up, throwing it to the man next to him. "That's yours".

"I wonder how my ex's would call me?".

"Nothing. They're all dead".

"Damon!" The eldest Gilbert exclaims, widening her eyes and glaring at the vampire.

"Huh. Well her ex is the medical examiner so he is dead adjacent".

"She dated the medical examiner?". Ric answers with a nod.

"Well I don't think he's dead adjacent, I think he's just dead".

"What?".

"Murdered. Sheriff is trying to keep a lid on it because he was staked in the chest like a vampire".

"Well Meredith didn't say anything about that".

"Well, red flag number two".

"Maybe she is too busy, with all her doctorly duties and dealing with the fact that her ex is dead" The brunette says.

"Maybe. Maybe not" Damon responds, smirking.

"Who do you think killed him?".

"I don't know but if I was a cop, your sexy doctor lady friend would definitely be a suspect".

"What about you Damon? Why aren't you a suspect?" Laura stares directly at him.

"Because I didn't kill him"

"How do we know that? Do we just accept your words when you have been distant and impulsive lately" The eldest Gilbert sighs, picking up her bag and walking out the door.

A whoosh is heard from the woman and Damon is standing in front of her.

"Laura, I'm telling you, this wasn't me".

She looks into his eyes, finding honesty within his blue eyes so she nods "Okay, I believe you".

"Thank you. Now can we go and talk with Alaric's doctor".

"Let's go but remember, be nice".

The eldest Salvatore and Gilbert makes their way to Mystic Falls hospital where they find Meredith in the reception area.

"You know, we never got a chance to official meet, Doctor Fell" Damon says

"You're Alaric's friend, right? Damon Salvatore. I saw you at the council meeting. What are you doing here?".