Chapter Fifteen | Friends & Family

Laura paces back and forth, worrying about Caroline who hasn't talked to anyone and no one can find her.

Are you okay? - Laura

No reply. She checks her messages

Have you seen Caroline? - Tyler

Did Caroline say anything to you - Tyler

The brunette sighs, going into to her contacts, clicking on Tyler Lockwood. He picks up after a few rings.

Hey Ty

Hey

Does anyone know where she is?

Bonnie didn't pick up and Matt is busy working.

Damon and Elena went to Chicago, anyway do you know where she could be?

I don't know but let's meet up and search for her.

Okay see you soon.

When the brunette makes it to the town square, Tyler spots her, walking up with a frown on his face "We should tell her mom, the sheriff". She nods and they walk along the street, making it to the Forbes house.

Sheriff Forbes opens the door with a smile "Laura, Tyler" She greets, hugging the Gilbert sister. Tyler looks at Caroline's mom "We can't find Caroline".

"What?".

"No one has heard from her and she isn't picking up any calls" Laura says.

Sheriff Forbes looks at the two before thinking for a moment "I have an idea on where she could be".

-

Liz leads a into some sort of room, she holds her gun up and cautiously walks further. A sound of someone closing and bolting a door reaches our ears. Sheriff Forbes cocks her gun, making the man look up. Laura notices that is Caroline's father, remembering him from before she went to college.

"Hello Bill".

"Put the gun down Liz. I know what I'm doing".

"That's our daughter in there. She looks up to you. She loves you".

"Then she'll trust me to do the right thing. Let me do this Liz. Not because she's a monster, but because we love her". Liz doesn't break eye contact with him when she gives the signal to go and rescue Caroline.

"Laura, Tyler". Tyler walks down with Laura in front,both walking down the steps and past Bill. "You're not going in there".

Lis shoots, aiming next to him which makes everyone stop "Go ahead". The two both walk, Tyler opens the door and they both enter the cellar room where Caroline is, looking hurt.

Laura rushes over "Caroline!". Caroline looks up, seeing the two people in front of her

"Laura?...Tyler?".

Tyler walks in frown, using his werewolf strength to break the chains, helping her out. "It's okay, we're going to get you out of here".

Tyler lifts her, carrying her over the door but she blurts out something, panic in her voice "My ring". The brunette smiles "I'll get it Care, don't worry". Her eyes scan the floor, looking for the lapis lazuli ring that protects Caroline from the sun. Something shiny and blue catches her eyes which she walks to, picking it up.

The eldest Gilbert holds the ring, walking out of the room and giving the ring to Caroline who breathes a sigh of relief. "Thank you". Sherif Forbes drives them back to her house. Tyler waits in the hallway so the Caroline can rest and drink something to help her become stronger.

Laura sits on a chair in the corner of Caroline's room, watching as Liz hands her daughter a blood bag which is surprising since Liz was very against vampires. The mother and daughter smile at one other. Caroline's veins appear under her eyes as she opens the blood bag, drinking the blood. "Thank you". Caroline's hands the blood bag over, laying her head down on her pillow.

"Honey your dad, all our families, we have beliefs that have been passed on through generations. And we were taught never to stray from them".

"You did".

"You taught me to look at things in a different way".

"I just thought that he was the one who got me".

"He did. He will again".

A couple tears spill out of Laura's eyes, running down her face as she thinks about her own parents. How she wished that they were still alive, watching their children grow.

"I'm going to go, thank you for letting me stay for a while".

Liz looks over smiling "No problems sweetie". She lets Caroline rest walks over, wrapping her arms around the brunette "How you have grown, Your mother would be proud of you". She lets the Gilbert go "If you ever need someone to talk to, you can call or come over anytime".

-

Laura closes the door to the Gilbert house, hearing the silence of the house. She walks up the stairs, dropping her bag in her room before going into Jeremy's room who is sitting, listening to music. He looks up, a sad look on his face "Hey Jer".

"You thinking about them too?".

"Yeah". The brunette sits next to him, both of them sighing. He leans his head on her shoulder and closes her eyes. They both sit together in silence, thinking about their parents and life before all of the vampires, witch and werewolf drama when it was just simple. Going to school, socialising with friends about town drama and tv shows, coming home to their parents who would always ask how their day went and enjoying a family dinner.

_____________________________________________

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry that there isn't any Elijah/Laura moments but there be in the next chapters :)