Chapter Thirteen | Glimpse of a Suit

Elena walks into the eldest Gilbert's room, opening the curtains, letting the light shine in on the resting Laura.

"Hey!".

"The sun is shining, time to get up".

"Was Jeremy happy when you woke him up?".

"Nope. He threw a pillow at me".

Laura laughs before eyeing her pillows, quickly picking one off and throwing it directly at her sister. "Happy Birthday Sister". As soon at it hits her, she bolts out of the room and down the stairs. Jeremy smiles at her once Laura reaches the kitchen.

"You threw a pillow as well?" The two chuckle together "You seem happy and stress free, unusual for you".

"We need to live our lives, let loose sometimes".

"I second that" Jeremy says, grinning before opening the fridge.

Both of them hear their sister coming down the stairs, the two run at her, wrapping their arms around the doppelgänger.

"Happy Birthday".

Elena hugs them back "I love you guys".

"We love you back but be aware Caroline has a party planned".

Laura spends most of the day, helping pick up party supplies and being told by Caroline that she has to pick up stuff to take to the party location which was the Salvatore Mansion.

-

The brunette sets up the music station as Elena, Caroline and Tyler sort out napkins. Her phone beeps, Damon sent her a text.

Keep Elena busy - Damon

"I feel like I have to fight Damon every single time we get a lead on Stefan".

"Maybe he doesn't want to find him".

"Tyler!".

"What? He's into you, isn't he?".

Laura looks up at Tyler, feeling slightly awkward but her attention is drawn towards the window where she sees something but it disappears. A frown forms on her face, wondering what that was.

"The only reason Stefan left with Klaus was so that he could save Damon's life. I mean, trust me, Damon wants to find him".

"But you kissed him? Probably screwed with his head".

"Tyler!".

Her feet lead her towards the window, curious to inspect the outside. Nothing is there.

"I'm sorry!".

"Don't worry about it. Look, yes I kissed him, but it was a...it was a goodbye kiss. I thought he was gonna die".

"I missed a call from Bonnie. I'll be right back". Elena pulls out her phone, walking away.

"You okay?" Tyler asks, noticing the weird look on her face.

"Hm? Yeah yeah I'm fine, I just want tonight to come quicker" She looks around "I'm going to go check we have food for everyone in the kitchen".

-

Damon opens the door to his house, entering the party with a sigh. Laura spots him, making her way over. "Why did you need me to keep Elena busy?".

He looks down, thinking of an excuse to cover he went to track Stefan in Tennessee. "I have as surprise for her?".

"Really? You would think being alive since the 1800s would make you a better liar. Don't be an idiot and treat Elena with respect, don't lie to her or me. She's upstairs in Stefan's room".

Laura keeps walking past the vampire, over to the drink table, grabbing a cup of alcohol. Tyler joins her, also grabbing a drink for himself "Ready to Party?".

"Definitely".

The crowd turns toward Elena who is walking down the steps, arm linked with the eldest Salvatore. "Happy Birthday Elena".

"Thank you everyone".

The brunette turns toward the dance floor, downing the drink and walking into the crowd of dancing. Moving her body to the music and dancing with Tyler and some of his friends. Elena and Caroline are sending her weird and judgemental looks which She ignores.

An hour passes and she stands off the the side, slightly exhausted. Damon appears beside her "Elena said she wanted me to check on you, said she was worried but as everyone can see you have great moves".

Laura looks at her, rolling his eyes "Flirting won't get you anywhere". Another drink is downed.

"Oh and also you brother is being reprimanded by Ric".

"Why?".

"He was in the smokers den".

She frowns, slightly annoyed by herself because she wasn't being the best role model by drinking and partying while her brother was drowning his sorrows with drugs. "Uh, I gotta find Jer".

The Gilbert wanders off to find her brother who is in the smoker den. "Jeremy...".

"Don't".

"I wasn't going to argue with you, I wanted to apologise".

"For what?".

"I haven't been the best role model tonight. I feel as the older sister that I have to be responsible and cautious all the time but tonight I drank and danced, I don't know".

"Laura, don't worry so much. You are fine and I want you to let loose and enjoy your life". Jeremy reaches out, hugging his sister.

"You look a little tired though and not sober". Jeremy looks at his sister, noticing how she doesn't seem so okay. "Maybe you should go upstairs".

The youngest Gilbert walks with his sister, taking her up to a spare room upstairs. "Jeremy you didn't have to".

"I wanted to make sure you were okay, now go to sleep".

"While a party is going on downstairs?".

"Goodnight" He closes the door, leaving her to sleep.

As her eyes begin to close, she sees a glimpse of someone but her vision is slightly blurry. "Rest well, Laura". A kiss is placed upon her forehead as she drifts into a deep sleep, letting the original in the suit see her peaceful.

"Elijah?" A curious whisper is heard but it seems that she whispered in her sleep.

"I love you" Elijah says before whooshing away to watch over his brother who is looking for werewolf packs to turn into hybrids.

___________________________________________

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)