Eight

I sighed flopping back on my bed, in my beautiful, new room. The walls were a gorgeous light grey and the carpet was a fluffy, white. There was a beautiful king sized, dark oak bed in the middle of the room which was accompanied with white sheets. There was a dark oak dresser in front of the bed against the wall but there was plenty of room to walk past it. There was also two nightstands either side of the bed which were topped with grey lamps.

I sighed and decided to have a bath to wash away all the stress of the past few days. Everything had been so weird and my life had changed within a matter of weeks. Brad and my dad were planning to attack my step dad at midnight and it was almost eight. Four hours to go. I was scared of how things were going to go. I wasn't afraid of my step dad hurting them because he was tiny compared to them. I was scared of who they would bring home. Mom. I knew dad would as they were mates but I had no idea what was going to happen on that part and I kind of hoped that they left her there.

I sighed as I plopped myself into the rather hot water. A small smile spread across my face as the bubbles of the honey comb scented bath popped softly around me. I relaxed and basked in the warmth of the water, wanting to just stay there forever. My eyes becoming heavy as I did so. Forgetting that I was in the bath, i let my eyes slowly close, exhaustion taking over me. It was the most relaxed I had been in quite a long time. I was safe and appreciated that. Thanks to Brad, Brittany and Jackson I was safe and out of Ian's reach. As relaxed as I felt though, I couldn't stop thinking about my mother.

Hope filled me that maybe she wouldn't hurt me anymore. I hoped that once she was reunited with dad that we could once again be the happy family we once were but something told me in the back of my mind that things would never be the same again.

I hadn't realised I had fallen asleep until I was ripped out of the water, chocking from inhaling some of it. I heaved in air as my lungs ached from the water that had entered them.

"Winter! Are you okay?" Brittany asked, panic obvious on her face as she covered me with a towel.

I nodded and wrapped the towel around me tightly.

"Oh my! You scared the living hell out of me! I came to your room to check on you and you weren't in there so I checked in here and you were drowning!" She ranted.

At that moment a panicked Brad came rushing into the room with dad in tow.

"What the hell happened?!" He asked, panic in his voice.

I groaned. "Can you guys stop shouting?"

"Sorry" They mumbled.

"I must have fallen into the water when I fell asleep" I sighed. "I'm sorry"

Brad shook his head and helped me up off the floor. "No don't be sorry. Are you okay?"

I nodded. "Thank you for saving me Britt" I mumbled, blushing slightly.

"Well I wasn't just gonna leave you there to drown was I?" Brittany said in a duh tone.

Brad slapped her arm lightly. "Britt" he hissed.

"It's okay" I laughed.

I suddenly remembered what I was wearing, well more like the lack of what I was wearing. I blushed realising I was still in a towel. Dad seemed to notice my uncomfortable state and hinted to Brad.

"Anyway we should get going Brad." He laughed lightly.

My face was flaming with embarrassment. Dad chuckled slightly and dragged a staring Brad out with him. Pervert.

"Here" Brittany smiled, passing me a cute, white lace dress.

I looked at it with my eyes slightly narrowed. "I can't wear that"

Brittany looked stunned. "What do you mean?! You'll look gorgeous in it!"

"I'm too skinny" I sighed

"Oh please. You'll look wonderful in this."

I shook my head and headed for the closet, picking out a baggy, white sweater, plain tank top and high waist burgundy jeans.

"I've never been a dress kind of person" I shrugged. "Wait, it's like ten in the evening, why am I getting dressed?"

"We're having a party" She shrugged.

"What?!" I screeched.

"I thought it would be a good way to take your mind off of things" She shrugged.

I shook my head. "I'm exhausted and going to bed" I sighed, putting the outfit to the side. I'll wear that tomorrow.

Brittany sighed. "Come on Win. It'll be good for you," she begged.

I sighed. "I'm not really a party person," I admitted.

"Well go get dressed because you're gonna become one after tonight" She demanded, putting the outfit back into my hands.

I sighed but nodded,pushed her out the bathroom and changed. She was right. I needed to keep my self occupied and stop feeling sorry for myself.

I got changed and walked into the room, combing my hair. Brittany grinned at me and I noticed she was in the dress she was trying to get me to wear.

"What? I can't let it go to waste" She grinned.

I chuckled. "It suits you better anyway. You can have it"

I dried and straightened my hair and put light makeup on but not too light that my bruises could be seen. Yeah the bruises were still faintly there. They had faded quite a lot though, thankfully.

I grabbed some black heels and put some plain earrings in. Okay. I didn't look very party like but oh well. I didn't really want to go anyway. It just keeps getting weirder here. One minute I'm drowning in the tub and the next I'm getting ready for a party.

What has my life come too?

X-X-X-X-X