Twenty One

"We'll worry about it later." Brad shrugged after a moment or two of silence.

"Are you kidding me!?" I cried."My dad's going to go crazy at me and kill you!"

Brad sighed as he opened the passenger side door for me to step into his Mustang Cobra. "Look. I mean no disrespect to you or your father but you are 18 now. You're an adult now Winter and you can make your own choices."

I sighed. "I suppose, but it doesn't change the fact that he will still go crazy"

He backed out of the driveway and into the forest that surrounded the pack house. I had no idea where he was taking me for breakfast, I just hoped they sold good food because I was so hungry. As we drove through the vibrant forest Brad put some soft music on in the background. I sighed in content and pulled the sun visor down to look in the mirror.

My eyes scanned across my face at the light makeup I had applied. I had a soft, bunt orange colour shadow on my eyes which was accompanied by a small winged eyeliner and a little mascara. I applied a small amount of concealer and a bit of blush and that was all.

Brad glanced at me and took his eyes off of the road for a second and grinned at me. I chuckled and shoved the sun visor back into place before looking back at the road. My breath caught in my throat as Brad suddenly stomped on the brakes. My eyes were wide from fear and grief but I couldn't look away.

In the middle of the road was my mother. She had clearly been attacked and left for dead. Brad got out of the car and went to check if she was alive and i saw his tense shoulders relax slightly signalling to me that she was still breathing.

Once i had awoken from my daze I shot out of the car and to her side.

"Mom!" I cried, falling onto my knees.

She had been attacked by a wolf that was clear. The problem was we didn't know what wolf had done this to her. It looked too well planned to be a rouge as she had been left in a road which the speed limit was eighty kilometres per hour so it was clearly to spook someone. The fact that it was my mom only really meant one thing. Someone was after me or dad.

Brad gently picked her up and put her in the back seat of the car. Meanwhile I felt something shift within the air and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up tall. I frowned and scanned the area. I couldn't see anything. Brad also seemed to notice and slowly came towards me while looking around for any signs of danger.

"Winter. Take her and get to the infirmary," Brad demanded through the mate link, leaving no room for argument.

Deciding that it was not a good time to argue, i took the keys from Brad and got into the car,locking the doors. My heart was racing and i was about to turn around to check on mom when I realised it was more than likely a trap. My eyes widened and i slowly turned my head to check the back seat. My heart was thumping as i turned my head and sure enough it was a trap. Sat in the passenger seat next to me was the guy that my parents had tried to sell me too.

I tried to unlock the car and get out but before I could he grabbed me, pulled me over the centre console and held me tightly to him. I panicked and flailed around in his arms. I stopped fighting after a while when I realised it was no use and decided to use a more tactile way.

I made it look as though I had calmed down and glared at him and he loosened his grip slightly at my lessened struggle. He chuckled and started to speak when I kicked the horn of the car as hard as I could repeatedly.

Brad's head shot around and his eyes turned to a deep black. He growled menacingly and walked up to the car, ripping the locked door open. My eyes were wide with shock. How the hell?

He grabbed the guy and pulled him out of the car, slamming him against it by his throat. "Alcazar." He growled.

"Oh Bradley! It's been such a long time! How are you? " He chuckled, although he struggled due to his lack of breath.

Brad tightened his grip on his throat and growled loudly, baring his teeth. "Why are you here? Do you have a death wish or what?"

The man chuckled again. "I have a deal to make with you"

I stepped out of the car again to hear their conversation better. Brad glanced at me and scanned my body for injuries before turning his attention back to Alcazar.

"I am not going to negotiate any deals with you" Brad growled.

"Well that's a shame. I guess I'll have to kill her then" Alcazar shrugged.

"Haven't you done enough to her?!" I growled walking around the car. "What do you want? You didn't pay for me so we don't owe you anything!"

Realisation dawned on Brad and he growled. "This is the scum that was going to buy you?!"

I nodded and walked closer,  resting my hand on Brad's arm to calm him slightly.

"Oh she has some balls!" Alcazar chuckled darkly.  "I wasn't talking about her sweetie. I was talking about you"

Brad growled again tightening his grip on his throat and punched him in his stomach, winding him. "You won't do such a thing!"

I looked to my side to see the pack warriors arriving in a few SUVs. They all filed out of the cars and surrounded the area while a pack doctor went to Brad's car to assess my mom.

"Take him to the dungeons. I'll deal with him later" Brad growled to Ben, the head warrior.

I mouthed a sorry at him for Brad's rude behaviour and he just smiled at me before following his Alpha's orders. I guessed he was used to it.

"Secure the area. Check for any other threats" Brad ordered the rest of the men. 

They all nodded and proceeded with their tasks. Meanwhile, Brad grabbed my shoulder and lead me back to the car and sped off towards the pack house.

I sighed and played with my hands nervously, not sure weather I should ask or not.

"He is Drakes father. He used to be the beta of  their pack before he disowned the pack and was made a rouge. All the packs that Drake has been in have been fighting Alcazar off to try and keep Drake away from his poison." Brad answered my unasked question.

"So he found out that Drake is imprisoned within our pack so he's trying to negotiate with you to get him. He used my Mom as bate to lure us, specifically me, out of the car and he is using me to try and manipulate you" i added

Brad nodded and gritted his teeth in annoyance. "I need to keep your Mom locked up because she might of lead him to us. I just need to be sure she's no longer a threat to the pack. And especially to you"

I nodded in understanding and reached over to hold his hand in my own. "I'm sorry that I brought this much trouble to your pack, Brad"

He gave my hand a light squeeze. "It's not your fault. Alcazar was going to come back into my life eventually"

We made it to the infirmary and i glanced at the door my mom was hospitalised behind and swallowed nervously. I was having an internal battle of whether to go in to her.

"She's cuffed to the bed so she can't hurt you. I'll be there with you every step,love" Brad smiled comfortingly.

I sighed and finally nodded.

We walked over to the door and i trailed behind Brad slightly in hesitation. He opened the door and held it open for me. I was shaking slightly as i took a deep breath and hesitantly walked into the room.

I grabbed Brad's hand for comfort and finally lifted my eyes to look at her.

"My dear Winter" She sighed, her eyes welling with tears. She tried to reach for me but the hand cuffs held her back. I stepped back subconsciously.

"Come" She beckoned. "Let's work this out"

AbusedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara