Twenty Seven

"How is she?" I asked Dr Knight, refering to Evangeline.

"She's recovering well and I am confident about discharging her within the next few days" he smiled, signing some papers.

"What about you? How are you coping with your wolf?"

It had been about a week since the rouge attack. Evangeline had been hurt more severely than we had first thought and she had been given doses of wolfbane while she was imprisoned with the rouges,  which was the reason why she couldn't fight very well. She had been recovering slower than we anticipated so she was kept in hospital for the time being.

I was trying to get to grips with my wolf and Brad had been training me on my own. He said he didn't want me to train with the other wolves until I was a lot stronger. He said he didn't want me to get hurt which I understood so I didn't push it.

"I'm getting used to it" I shrugged, turning my attention back to Dr Knight. "It's still strange though"

He nodded and skimmed through my notes. He had been assessing me every day, Brad's orders, to see how I was getting on and it was getting on my nerves. I knew Brad only cared about my welfare but I was feeling like I was being baby sat.

"Well you'll be happy to know that me and Brad both agreed that you can be discharged. You and your wolf are getting along nicely and she is protecting you well. I think now it's time to deal with this without me. You are free to leave" he grinned.

I thanked him and went to Evangeline  to see how she was. I walked into her room to see her packing her bags.

"Hey. Woah, woah ,woah. What are you doing? " I frowned.

She growled in frustration and flung a few more things into her bag. "What does it look like?!" She snapped.

"Don't speak to her like that" one of the guards growled.

Oh yeah. Brad ordered that she was guarded at all times until he could trust her and find her old pack.

"I'm sorry" She sighed. "I just want to go home. I'm not in pain anymore and I miss my family"

I sighed and grabbed her hand pulling her to the bed. "Did you really expect to get past them?" I asked, motioning to the two guards that were stood outside her room.

"I was going to try and go when they changed over" She looked down in guilt.

I sighed "I tell you what." I began.

Her ears perked up and she sat up straighter. "I'll call your alpha and see what I can do about getting you transfered to that hospital" I offered.

She looked at me with a shocked expression. "Seriously?"

I nodded. "I'll be back once i have finished" I promised before leaving the room.

I walked back to the house and into Brad's office. I was expecting to find him there but was slightly disappointed when i was greeted by the cold room with no one in it. I grabbed one of brad's hoodies that he had left on the sofa and went to the drawer that had all of the contact details  in and pulled out the card that said Alpha Carlos. I grinned and settled into the big, fluffy office chair and began dialling his number.

The phone rang multiple times and I thought he wasn't going to pick up until a gruff voice answered the phone.

"What?" He grumbled.

I rolled my eyes but remembered to keep my cool and be polite.

"Hello Sir, am I speaking to Alpha Carlos?" I asked politely.

"Who the hell are you?!" He snapped but also sounded slightly shocked.

"My apologies for my rudeness. My name is Winter Adams, Luna of the Moonlight Pack."

"Brad doesn't have a luna"  he didn't question it. It was a statement.

And he put the phone down. He put the damn phone down?! I growled and slammed the phone down just as Brad walked into the room. He frowned and shut the door.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Alpha Carlos" I sighed. "Always been a dick?"

Brad sighed and sat in one of red, velvet seats opposite me. "What's happened?"

"He said you don't have a mate" I groaned, rolling my eyes. "I called him to try and transfer Eva to their hospital but I couldn't even get a word in."

Brad groaned and ran his hands through his hair, messing it up slightly.

"I knew I was going to have to sort this out eventually. No one exactly knows who you are besides the few people that know you" He sighed looking slightly embarrassed.

"No one knows you have a mate?" I asked

He nodded and looked down in guilt. I laughed. "It's not a big thing Brad. Stop acting like it is"

He frowned. "I thought it would anger you"

"Oh come on Brad.  You know I'm not like that" I said, pointedly.

He nodded and suddenly got up and pulled me into his arms making me squeal in surprise. He kissed me gently and i giggled. He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist as we stood in the middle of his office "We are going to introduce you as my Luna on Friday." He grinned.

I choked on my own breath. "Friday?"

He nodded with a frown. "What's wrong with Friday?"

I sighed. "Nothing. It's just a bit sooner than expected. But it's okay I guess. I need to get used to it."

He nodded and walked behind his desk picking up the phone. "Come on let's call that stubborn idiot"

He sat in his chair and i sat in his lap with my legs hanging over the arm of the chair. The phone rang twice before the same voice came through the phone. "I told you before-"

Brad cut him off by growling. "Brad does have a mate."

The alpha sucked in  a breath in suprise. "Brad I'm so sorry. I'm really stressed out right now. Obviously that's no excuse to speak to her the way I did"

Brad chuckled lightly. "Perhaps you shouldn't be so stubborn."

"What did you, and her I guess, call about?" Alpha Carlos asked.

"I'll let her explain" Brad offered, passing me the phone.

My eyes went wide and i hesitantly took the phone.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Winter wasn't it? Hi. I apologise for my rude behaviour earlier. What did you want to speak to me about?" He asked, sounding more cheerful this time

"I called to let you know that we have found your missing pack member,  Evangeline Spark "

I was greeted with silence. "Alpha Carlos?"

Brad frowned and went to take the phone before I received an answer.

"Are you sure it's her?" He sounded breathless, like all the wind had been knocked from his lungs.

"Yes I'm sure" I frowned.

Brad took the phone from me. "Carlos? What's going on?"

"She's my mate and she's been missing for months."