Thirteen

I sighed as I walked down the hall after the long day back at school. It was certainly a rather dramatic one. I looked down at the stack of work in my hands and sighed. I was going to be  very busy for the next month or so. I had catch up work from the three weeks we had off because of the incident.  

I wasn't  paying attention to where I was going and walked straight into a wall. My face flamed with embarrassment but when I looked up, I realised that the wall I walked into was in fact a person.

"Winter wasn't it?" Drake grinned down at me. Oh boy. Well done Winter. Walk into the physco.

Would this day give me a break already?

"Yes it is. I'm terribly sorry but I'm in such a rush so I can't stop" I faked a polite smile,trying to pass around him.

He caught my arm and pulled me back, a sly smirk on his face. "Not so fast darlin', you're coming with me"

He smirked, tugging me with him towards the door. I was going to scream but his hand clasped over my mouth. Dammit Winter i thought. Why the hell did you have to sneak out of class? I had left class ten minutes before the bell so there wasn't anyone around because they were still in lessons. Drake dragged me out of school and into the woods and let me go, pulling a gun out of his pocket and pointing it at me.

"Now then. Come with me willingly and I will not hurt you" he tried to negotiate with me.

I shook my head. "What do you even want with me? I'm only a human. What can I possibly give to you?"

Drake chuckled. "Well don't worry deary, there's nothing I want from you. However, I know that you are a dear friend to my lovely mate, who doesn't want me" he growled out the last bit "So I am going to negotiate a deal with your beloved mate. I will hand you back over to him if he hands Brittney over to me."

I sighed. "She doesn't want you Drake. After what you did to her, you don't deserve her."

He growled at that.

"There's no way in hell that- Oh my gosh! What the hell is that!?" I screamed pointing to the distance behind him.

He frowned and snapped his head in the direction of my finger and as soon as he did, i made a run for it. I know what you're thinking,  seriously Winter? Desperate times call for desperate measures okay! I was just about to exit the forest when a wolf, which I'm guessing was Drake, grabbed my dress with its teeth, tugging me and making me fall over.

I squealed in both surprise and fear as the wolf mounted me and tried to get a hold of my throat. I held the wolf's head back the best i could as saliva dripped out of the side of its mouth and onto my face, making me gag.

"This isn't really making much of a difference is it?" I heaved, pushing desperately at the wolf's head.

Somehow,  I managed to get out from beneath the wolf and dashed towards the gun that Drake had dropped when he shifted. I was tackled to the floor again by the wolf when I was just out of reach of the gun. I was screaming at myself internally for leaving my gun in brads car. I didn't want to carry it around with me because I didn't want the teachers to see it, I definitely regretted that decision right now though. I screamed and did the first thing that came to my head and punched him in the eye, causing him to lessen his hold on me, covering his eye with his paw while whimpering.

Consumed by adrenaline and fear once again, I dashed forward towards the gun, grabbing it and cocking it. I stood up and pointed the gun straight at him, my hands shaking with a finger trembling above the trigger.

"Leave" I demanded, trying to make my voice stern. The wolf seemed to just chuckle at me and launched for me again.

Drunk on adrenaline and unaware of what I was doing, I pulled the trigger, shooting the wolf straight in the stomach. I gasped as the wolf plummeted to the ground, falling limp just in front of me.

As the adrenaline wore off, I collapsed on the ground, shaking from both the adrenaline and fear. I heard feet coming towards me and I didn't think as I pointed the gun towards the direction the feet were coming from.

Brad gasped at the sight and held his hands up. "It's okay baby. It's just me"

Hearing his voice seemed to wake me up from the trance that I seemed to be in and I instantly dropped the gun and ran into Brad's arms, sobbing and shaking.

"It's okay. I'm here" he cooed.

"I didn't mean to do it I swear!" I sobbed. "He was trying to kill me and I wasn't thinking"

Brad hugged me tighter,  picked me up bridal style and sat us on a nearby log. "I know baby. It's okay.  You were defending yourself"

Brittney and Jackson walked into the woods and Britt froze in her place as she lay her eyes upon the wounded wolf.

"Drake?" She called, trying to get a response. She rushed to his side and ran a hand through his fur. "Drake don't do this. Don't you dare" She sobbed.

My heart sunk at the sight and I wriggled from Brads hold,  slowly walking up to her.

"Britt. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do it, I swear. He was trying to kill me and-"

"YOU FUCKING BITCH!" She screamed, tackling me to the floor. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS!?" She screamed and started throwing punches at my face. I didn't miss the fact her eyes were were black and her voice was a lot deeper. I soon realised it was her wolf.

I tried to block her punches but failed miserably as she landed a number of hits onto my face. She was sobbing loudly as she let rip against my face, I was crying too. Both from pain and from guilt.

Brad tried to rip her off of me but ended up injecting her with something which made her black out and fall beside me. Brad knelt beside me worry, anger and guilt flashing through his eyes.

That's the last thing I saw before I blacked out. Again.

************************************