Fifteen

I awoke the next morning, wrapped up in Brad's arms with my head lay on his bare chest. I didn't panic this time though. I was glad he didn't leave me.

"Good morning" he smiled.

I returned the smile and snuggled further into him, enjoying the safe feeling he gave me. He chuckled and gave me a light squeeze before letting out a long breath.

"Winter, sweetheart, I need to get ready for the meeting" he groaned slightly, clearly not looking forward to it.

I nodded and got up off of him, tugging my shirt down from where it had risen and stretched out my limbs. I told him I was going to shower and that I would see him after the meeting. Brad nodded before he collected his shirt and pants off of the floor, put them on and left the room. Once he had left i groaned loudly.

"Why lord? Why do you hate me?"

I did my boring morning routine of brushing my teeth, hair, washing my face, showering and walked into my closet to pick out an outfit. I threw my hair into a messy bun, too lazy to dry it. I was looking through my clothes letting my mind slip off when a black skater dress caught my eye and a mischievous smile etched it's way onto my face. As i pulled the dress over my body, I started to plan out my great idea and how it was going to work. With a new found hope in my heart and a new found courage in my gut I finished getting ready and made my way downstairs and into the meeting room where the council meeting was well under way.

As i barged through the doors I was met with mix of emotions. Confusion, anger and caution. I took a seat at the table, uninvited of course, and continued with my plan.

"Good morning fellow members of the council. I am Winter Adams, Alpha Bradley's mate and soon to be Luna of this pack. I am here to raise my concerns of the current situation involving Brittney South and myself. This certain individual attacked me at approximately three thirty yesterday afternoon in an act of defence." I began but was soon interrupted by a member of the council.

"You say an act of defence?" He questioned, straightening his stance within his seat.

"Indeed" I nodded."Previously, approximately ten minutes prior to this attack, I was attacked by her mate Drake. He had threatened me with a gun in order to get a hold of me to bribe his mate into accepting him as they were on rough terms. When Brittney, the Alpha and Beta arrived at the scene, they only saw the last part of the conflict. After a while of fighting with Drake I had managed to get a hold of the gun and shot him as he was about to kill me. Brittney only saw the shot of the gun and it hitting her mate and didn't know the back story to this event and acted on instinct to protect her injured mate." I continued.

The council members were nodding and some were taking notes. I was surprised as I just barged into a private meeting uninvited but put it down to the fact that I had an authorised position in the pack.

Brad's father piped up and started to ask questions. "You believe that this was only an act of defence upon instinct even though she could have controlled her wolf?"

"Like I said. She was trying to protect her mate and I know that me or the Alpha would have done the exact same thing should such a thing happen to either of us"

"I mean no disrespect to any of you but could you imagine yourself in this situation?" I asked. "You just saw someone shoot your mate and possibly cause them life threatening injuries. Would you hold yourself back from acting upon instinct to protect your loved one?"

No one disagreed with me.

"I had considered taking irrational action in order to defend this injustice but decided that we are all adults here so we could come to some mutual agreement. I thank you all for listening and i apologise for barging in like that but if there is one thing I disagree with, it is injustice. Please consider the points I have explained during this time when coming to your final decisions" I finished, earning a few nods.

I left the room without another word and a small nod of respect and prayed that I had done enough to get justice for Brittney.

Brad's POV

When Winter barged through the meeting room doors and sat down with such confidence and power like she did, she looked so hot. I knew that she was more than capable of being Luna before but then she handled the situation so well and maturely that it removed any of the doubt I had about her being capable. She was going to be an amazing Luna and the whole pack will love her.  None of the members of the council were at all angered by her presence as she did have a right to be within the meeting. I just never told her this because I thought she would speak as a friend and not as a professional and boy oh boy did she prove me wrong.

When she left the conference room I couldn't help the proud smile which spread across my face at her new found confidence and i scanned the room to see her dad as well as mine were also smiling proudly.

"Well I think that there is nothing more that needs to be said" I shrugged.

"The girl is right. To punish Brittney South would be injustice and unprofessional" one of the elders spoke up.

"All in favour of the Luna please raise your hand?" I asked

Pretty much the whole room raised their hand apart from one. To my surprise it was Andrew.

"She hurt my daughter and your mate Brad. Are you seriously going to let this go without any punishment?" He sighed.

"Andrew. We both know that the only one to be punished in this situation is Drake. He will be punished accordingly by spending a total of 6 months in our prison for his actions and will be watched for a total of 2 years" I finished.

Andrew sighed but agreed, as did the rest of the room.

"Thank you all. You are dismissed"

After everyone had left I rushed up stairs to tell Winter the good news. When I walked into her room I was shocked to find she wasn't there. Before I let the panic sink in I went to my own bedroom and sighed in relief when I found her asleep in my bed.

"Winter" i whispered trying not to startle her. She opened her eyes and looked around the room blushing slightly.

"I went for a run to calm myself down and came here to see if you were done but you weren't and must have fallen asleep when I was waiting for you. I'm sorry" She rambled.

I chuckled and kissed her lightly. "It's okay I don't mind."

She nodded and sat up on my bed obviously waiting to hear the news.

"You're amazing you know that" I smiled. " It's okay. She will go unpunished thanks to you"

Her face lit up with delight. "Seriously?"

I nodded. "She's staying here"