Eleven

"We need to talk" I sighed after the others left.

Brad shook his head and pulled out the stool in front of me. "No its okay. I know you've been avoiding me and I understand why. I stepped out of line the other week and I'm sorry"

I nodded. "It was partly my fault. I didn't stop you."

He handed me the gift that was in his hand. "Here"

I smiled and took the gift from him and pulled off the wrapping paper to reveal a box. I glanced at him for a brief moment and that look of nervousness was still on his face. I opened the lid and inside there was a necklace which was engraved with the quote "My promise".

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked carefully

I smiled and walked around to his side, wrapping my arms around him.

"No. I'll be your mate" i whispered causing him to chuckle lightly.

I pulled back from the hug and rested my hands on his shoulders and he rested his on my hips. Before I could even register what was happening I found myself leaning in and he was doing the same. I didn't make any move to stop it. In fact I wrapped my arms around his neck and gently pulled him closer and he claimed my lips with his own.

The kiss was exotic. Sparks danced across my lips and skin where it touched his and my eyes fluttered closed. I let him take the lead as he ran his tongue across my bottom lip. I allowed him entrance and our tongues battled for dominance and of course he won. To my disappointment, he stopped kissing me and rested his forehead against mine.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that" He breathed with a slight chuckle.

I giggled.

Brad stepped away from me and offered me his hand which I took with a small smile. He lead me out of the kitchen into the living room where the others were sat talking.

Brittney looked at us and squealed in excitement. "You finally got together!?" She grinned

I nodded, chuckling lightly. I sat between Jackson and Brittney showing them what Brad had brought me. I glanced over to see my dad speaking to Brad in a hushed tone. I frowned. I'll ask him about that later I thought.

"Hey do you wanna go for a swim?" Brittney asked.

I quickly shook my head. There was no way I  was going for a swim. Everyone would see my scars and my shameful body. I couldn't.

Brittney gave me her favourite look of sympathy that I always seemed to get off of her. I sighed and slumped back into the seat.

"I don't want anyone to see my scars" I admitted.

This caught Brad's attention as he looked up from the conversation he was having with my dad.

"Winter, we won't judge you. You shouldn't be ashamed of those scars. They are your story and if people want to judge, they can come to me and see what happens to judgemental people.  You're beautiful no matter what" he smiled. "Go on. Enjoy yourself"

I smiled and nodded. He was right. These scars are part of me and part of my story. They show that I'm brave if anything.  I endured the physical and verbal abuse and still came out alive and strong.

Me, Brittney and Jackson left to our rooms to change and grab towels. I walked into my closet and grabbed a black bikini, a flower kimono to cover myself with and some flip flops. My closet was full of beautiful clothes that Britt had bought from the mall for me while I was in the infirmary. I braided my hair into two French braids and put the bikini and kimono on. I grabbed myself a towel and braced myself to step outside. The majority of my scars were covered by the kimono luckily.

I made my way to the pool and my heart was thumping against my chest. I was scared of what they might say or think about my body. I wasn't exactly attractive and my body wasn't in the best shape.

I made it to the pool and sat down on one of the loungers. It looked like I was the only one there so I wrapped the kimono tightly around me to make sure I was covered, should anyone walk  by.

Jackson was second to show up shortly followed by Brad and then Brittney. I looked at what Brittney had on and I instantly felt intimidated by how lovely she looked. She had her hair in a long French braid which flowed down her well toned back, she had a lovely white bikini with a black trim and a see-through, black lace kimono. Her body looked like one the gods sculpted. I looked away and pulled my kimono a little tighter.

Brad sat in the lounger next to me and stared at me for a short while. I shifted uncomfortably.

"You look gorgeous" he smiled.

"Thanks" I smiled. "I don't feel it" i mumbled to myself but he heard.

He sighed and sat up on the lounger.  "Trust me. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever lay eyes on and I'm so lucky to be able to call you mine. You may not feel it but you really are. Like I said. You have nothing to be ashamed of. You're safe now. You don't have to feel scared or intimidated because none of us here in this pack will judge you."

He pulled his top off and I tried my hardest not to stare at his body. "It's all yours baby, no need to be embarrassed" he winked,making me blush.

He turned around and showed me his back. I gasped audibly at the state of his back. "You see these? They are battle scars.  Mostly from fights with rouges. Some I got from being ran over when I was ten." He turned back around to me. "Your scars are the same as mine. Battle scars. Except your battle was with those who were supposed to protect you." He growled slightly.  "I don't ever want to see you sad about your scars okay?"

I nodded.

"Now come here" he smiled, opening his arms.

I smiled and hugged him, resting my head on his chest "Thank you" I whispered.

We pulled back from the hug and he gave me a soft smile. "You're welcome"

I sighed and after a debate with myself, pulled off the kimono, wrapping my arms around my stomach. Brad shook his head and moved them away.

"Remember what I said. You are beautiful"

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡