Twenty Nine

Winter's POV

"You guys mind sharing? Or would you like your own room Luna Winter?" Beta Damien asked politely as we ascended the stairs to the living quarters.

"Oh please. It's just Winter. And no its okay thank you. We don't mind sharing" I smiled.

Brad looked slightly shocked at my response.

You know, we could make this a more permanent arrangement Brad smirked.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled lightly.

Damien nodded and unlocked the door right at the beginning of the hallway. "Here you go. Just let any of us know if you need anything and we shall do our best to fulfil your request"

We thanked him and he nodded, leaving to allow us to settle. The room was a good size. It was a bit smaller than Brad's room but pretty much the same size as mine. I placed my duffel bag next to the vanity and sat down on the bed.

"Why are they so formal?" I groaned.

"It's just the way we treat Alpha's and other high ranks." Brad shrugged, sitting next to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I leaned into him and sighed in content.

"Winter?" Brad said suddenly after a few moments of silence.

"Bradley?" I grinned, gaining a light chuckle from him

"Would you like to um..." He paused as if he was unsure whether to ask. " I mean if you're ready. I won't push you into anything and I fully understand if you say no because I know it's probably a bit soon for you-"

I laughed cutting him off. "Just spit it out"

"Would you like to move in with me?" He asked carefully.

I grinned and crawled into his lap, pulling his face to my own and connected our lips in a short but sweet kiss. "Of course I would" I smiled.

Brad blew out a breath and chuckled resting his forehead against my own. "I love you Winter."

"And I love you Bradley" I smiled.

We must've fallen asleep because I woke up a few hours later to a light knock on the door. I grabbed my glasses and checked the clock to see it was ten pm. I got out of the bed trying to avoid waking Brad up and opened the door and stepped out, pulling the door closed quietly.

"Hey" Evangeline smiled.

"Hey how is he?" I asked referring to her mate.

"He's better now I'm home. There's something I wanted to talk to you about." She seemed worried.

I grabbed her hand and led her to the balcony and sat on the bench. She sighed and rested her head against my shoulder obviously seeking comfort. I pulled her into a hug and her tears that had started to cascade down her cheeks soaked Brad's shirt {that I had stolen obviously}

"I didn't know who else to talk to. I don't really have any girl friends in this pack that I can trust" She sighed.

I pulled back from the hug and waited patiently for her to begin.

"Okay so there was another reason why I was scared to come home. My periods had stopped almost three months ago, not long before I was kidnapped and i didn't think much of it for a while but then I kept missing it and I soon realised that it wasn't normal. About a month in i started getting morning sickness and that's when I realised I may be" She cut her self off clearly not wanting to say it. "I was in that horrid place for 2 months and I was scared that I would lose the child because of the poor treatment. My fears were confirmed when your pack doctor told me I was pregnant"

I gasped and didn't think twice as i pulled her into another hug. "You poor thing"

In all honesty i felt useless. I didn't know how to comfort someone for such a thing. I didn't know what to say so I just held her until she pulled away.

"Do I tell him?" She eventually asked.

I sighed and nodded. "He deserves to know Evangeline. It was his child as well as yours"

She sighed and after a while she stood up. "Thank you Winter"

I smiled sadly at her. "You don't need to thank me. I know what it's like to be treated so badly and i can only guess how much pain you are in because of your loss. Call me whenever you need me okay?"

"Okay" She promised and gave me another hug.

She gasped and stepped back suddenly. "My gosh! Winter you're burning up! Are you okay?" She put the back of her hand to my forehead and winced at the heat.

My eyes widened in realisation. "No, no, no. Not now. Why now?" i groaned.

Sure enough that burning that was certainly not missed radiated throughout my body.

Evangeline's eyes widened as she realised what was happening as i clutched my stomach in agony . "Quick let's get you inside"

"Bradley!" Evangeline called out.

"Huh?" He yawned rubbing his eyes, obviously he had only just awoken from his nap.

"Oh bloody hell, not now" he groaned, rushing to my side and helping me into the room.

The two of them lay me down on the bed and stripped me down to my underwear to try and keep me a bit cooler. Not that it made any difference though as my body was absolutely scorching.

Brad held me as Evangeline ran a cold bath for me.

"Brad" I whimpered.

"I know baby it's okay I'm right here" he cooed.

"It's worse than last time" I cried. Then suddenly realisation hit me. 

"Bradley?" I used his full name because i was beyond pissed. 

He must've noticed how angry i was because he winced at the name. "Yes, darling?" He said it so buttery, he knew he was in deep shit.

"You said I would't go through this again if you marked me!" I finally blew my fuse.

He sighed. "I know baby but that was before you were a wolf, the rules tend to change slightly when you're a wolf. I have to mate with you to stop it, but no until you're ready" 

Before I could say anything else, another wave of the heat hit me tenfold. My tears of a mixture of pain and frustration burnt my skin and i squirmed trying to fight the pain away. It just made it worse. I was lowered into a bath filled with cold water and my body was relived slightly. The burning was still there but bearable.

"Stay with me baby you can't pass out. It's too dangerous" Brad shook me lightly.

"I know" I said breathlessly, my eyes fighting to stay open.

"No. No. Baby open your eyes"

It was too late though as my eyes closed and i was pulled into the darkness yet again .