Slipping Over the Edge

A couple of hours later, we finally got up for school. Stiles took me home so I could throw on a quick outfit before heading to school. 

The whole ride there he kep trying to ask me what my nightmare was about but I kept dodging his questions, not really feeling up for telling him I had a nightmare where he died and it was my fault. Or the fact that it felt like some sort of warning for me not to persue any feelings with him. 

Right now we were sitting in Chemistry, once again Mr.Harris moved our seats so Stiles was sitting at the lab table behind me while I was sitting next to Danny. Danny was cool though so I didn't have a problem. 

"So have you heard anything from Scott?" Stiles asked from behind me while I sighed before turning slightly to look at him. 

I was trying to distance myself from him but it seemed like I could not get far enough considering we had most of the same classes. 

"Nah, Allison's not here either." I told him. "They're probably together considering today's her birthday." I whispered to him. 

Lydia had told me about Allison's birthday and we stuffed ballons in her locker. But Allison made us promise not to tell anyone because she didnt want to make a big deal out of it. 

"We have to talk about-" Stiles stopped talking when he remembered that Danny sits right next to me. "Umm..we have to talk about you know..the thing." 

I rolled my eyes slightly before turning around. "Everything's fine so just stop worrying." 

I must have said that harsher than I thought because Stiles face fell before he slumped back into his seat. I frowned before deciding not to say anything else, facing the board and pretending to take notes. 

"Trouble in paradise?" Danny whispered to me while I rolled my eyes at him. 

I leaned in a bit closer so I could whisper to him, that way Stiles wouldn't hear. "Nope nothing's wrong. Besides we're not together so..there couldn't be trouble in paradise anyways." 

Danny laughed a little before we turned our attention to the front of the classroom where Mr.Harris was reminding us that we had parent teacher conferences tonight. He asked the class if any of us have seen Scott, well mostly me and Stiles but I shook my head before looking away. 

Mr.Harris walked over to Jackson's desk, telling him that if he needed to leave for any reason that he just had to let him know. 

Wow, who knew Mr.Harris had a heart. 

"Everyone continue reading chapter 9." Mr.Harris told us, sitting down at his desk. I couldn't help but let out a small laugh when Mr. Harris told Stiles to try putting the highlighter down between chapters, making everyone laugh. 

Stiles of course, being Stiles, spat the highlighter cap into the air, catching it with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at him before noticing him glancing over at Jackson who looked like he had a bomb implanted in his face. Jeez, whatever happened to him at the video store obviously was horrible. I mean, whatever scratched him... 

really seemed to be effecting him. 

"Hey Danny can I ask you a question?" Stiles said, leaning towards Danny. 

"No." Danny said, obviously annoyed by the sound of Stiles voice, to which I laughed again. 

"Well im going to ask anyways, did Lydia show up in your homeroom today?" 

Danny sighed before simply replying, "No." 

Why was Stiles suddenly worried about Lydia..? Was she the reason he didn't like me like I thought he did..?